About this Banjo
For guitar players, the top of the line is the MB-6. Now you can play banjo with the same chords and fingering you already know. It’s great for those songs that would sound better if played on a banjo.
This MB-6 has beautiful crisp tone and great sustain. It has an arched hard, dense, colorful, exotic, and naturally beautiful ebony fingerboard. It also features Deering’s own custom made six string tailpiece and bridge. This helps create a superb playing banjo for guitar players. One of the most appealing aspects of the MB-6 is its sleek neck making it comfortable, and easy to play.
- Eastern Maple
- Stained Dark Walnut
- Slender & Fast Deering Neck Shape
- Mother of Pearl Flower and Leaf Inlays
- Radiused Ebony Fingerboard
- 22 Pressed in Nickel Silver Frets
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- 12:1 Gear Ratio Guitar tuners
- 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Deering ’06 Bell Bronze 20-hole Tone Ring
- Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks with ¼″ Hex Nuts
- 5/8″ Compensated 6-string Maple/Ebony Bridge
- Deering Adjustable 6-String Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Zinc Flange
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Dark Walnut Stained Curly Maple
- Trimmed in White/Black/White
- High Gloss Finish
- Straight Walls on the inside of the Resonator
- Has the brightness of Maple with great crisp tone.
- Tuned: E, A, D, G, B, E, in standard Guitar tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Factory installs D’Addario Light Gauge Guitar Strings or Electric Guitar Strings
- Other gauges will work as well.
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 3/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38 1/2″
- Bracket Nut Size for Tightening the Head ¼″
- Truss Rod Wrench Size ¼″ Deep Socket Wrench
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.