About this Banjo
The Deering Goodtime banjo produces a vibrant ringing tone from its natural finished violin grade maple rim. Easy to play! Durable and easy to maintain! At only 4 pounds, the weight makes it ideal for both children and adults to play and to travel with conveniently. Teachers and professionals around the world recommend the Goodtime banjo for greater success in learning to play.
Easy to play and maintain, the Deering Goodtime banjo is great for beginners of all ages!
It’s light and durable, making it easy to travel and play with anytime, anywhere. Built from high-quality materials and with a rich tone, it’s easy to see why teachers and professional musicians recommend the Goodtime banjo for beginners.
Locally Made, Durable, and Affordable
The Goodtime banjo is made exclusively at the Deering factory here in the USA.
Realizing the lack of affordable banjos for beginners, Greg Deering designed the Goodtime banjo with the banjo student in mind. The Goodtime banjo balances durability, playability, and value in a portable and great-sounding package. But don’t let its status as a beginner’s banjo fool you: many professional musicians have used it in the recording studio, and even on stage!
The Goodtime banjo is light and weighs about the same as a guitar. It comes with a natural blonde maple satin finish to protect it from damage, and to give it that classic country look. If you’re looking for a great, low-priced, and durable banjo for travel with a great sound, this is for you!
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Hardwood Bow Tie Inlays
- Sealed Geared Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- Blonde 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top High Crown Head
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
- Triangle Deering Goodtime Box for Carrying
- Gig bag or Hardshell Case sold separately
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation and round full bodied tone.
- g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Rim Diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2″
- Weight Approx.4.5 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime banjo a 6 year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com