About this Banjo
Irish Tenor banjos have the shorter 17 fret neck for a brighter, snappier sound. The Sierra 17-fret tenor has our professional -06- bronze tone ring and you get all the most important features that affect the tone and playability at an economical price.
Made of mahogany with a slim comfortable neck and ebony fingerboard, the Sierra banjo will give you hours of lasting pleasure because it is made right and it’s easy to finger so with little effort you can enjoy playing this professional quality banjo.
- Mahogany or Maple
- Natural Ebony fingerboard
- 17 Pressed in Nickel Silver Frets
- Original Deering Designed Engraved Inlays
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Fully Adjustable truss rod
- Deering Planetary banjo tuners
- Durable Satin Finish
- Genuine Deering -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Violin Grade Three ply Maple Rim
- Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- Standard 11″ Frosted Bottom Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼″ Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Trimmed In White
- Straight Internal Sidewalls
- Durable Satin Finish
- Includes a Traditional Hardshell Case
- Has the sweet sound of mahogany with less sustain than maple or walnut.
- Professional quality tone. Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- C,G,D,A for standard tenor tuning
- G,D,A,E for Irish music
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/8″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 21″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 32″
- Weight Approx. 11 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUPEvery banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the “some assembly required” hassle.
FREE SHIPPINGEvery banjo shipped to the Continental U.S. / APO includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping.
FREE SUPPORTPrior to being shipped, we carefully inspect and test every banjo. If you have any issues with your banjo, call us and and we will help.
I would recommend them to anyone and everyone
Fantastic banjos sold by fantastic people. I have bought two banjos from Banjo.com and about to buy my third from them. These guys are just great people to go business with; knowledge, banjo players themselves, and just super nice. I do business with them because they are not just looking to sell my any banjo. They provide great input based upon what I want and need; not just what cost the most. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone interested in getting a banjo.
Highly recommend them to others
Barry at Banjo.com helped me make a great choice on purchasing a new banjo. He answered my emails and phone calls promptly. After a few conversations I went with his newly designed Bish Line Coal Dust. I ordered it and he kept me updated on its progress. It arrived in perfect condition and it's even nicer than he described. I will keep Banjo.com at the top of my list for any future purchases and would highly recommend them to others. Thank you again to Barry and his staff.
I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service
I recently purchased a Deering Sierra mahogany open back banjo from Banjo.com. Since I live in north Georgia, only two and one-half hours from the home of Banjo.com, I was able to visit the Banjo Barn where Barry give me the opportunity to "test drive" several banjos and he assisted me in narrowing down to my final choice. I must say, I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service I received from Barry and Banjo.com. Thank you!