About this Banjo
The Boston 6 String banjo is tuned like a guitar so guitar players can instantly start playing this type of banjo. Uniquely Deering, the Boston banjo breaks with tradition and provides a professional quality sound at a lower price point by creating the rim from 3/16″ rolled steel which rings like a tone ring. Also, upgrading the accuracy of tuning by way of guitar tuners with a higher gear ratio than the traditional banjo tuners.. The uniquely Deering Inlay pattern gives you visual beauty enhancing the great performance.
This banjo is the preferred sound in country recording studios and in non-traditional bands like the Keith Urban Band. You can hear this banjo played on Keith Urban songs like “Someone Like You” and his Grammy award winning “Sweet Thing.”
It has big resonant bass notes that you don’t find on a 5-string banjo, and also crisp highs for that beautiful banjo tone.
- Tropical American Mahogany
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Radiused Fingerboard
- Seed & Vine Inlays
- Guitar Style Tuners
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- 22 Pressed In Nickel-Silver Frets
- 3/16″ Durable Nickel Plated Steel Rim
- 24-Piece Butterfly Flange
- 24 flat hooks with 9/32″ hex nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- 11″ Frosted Top High Crown Head
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- Deering 6-String Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering 6-String Tailpiece
- Mahogany, with white binding
- Trimmed in White
- Straight Side Walls
- Satin Finish
- Has the sweet sound of mahogany with less sustain for clear notes. Crisp highs and good bass response with less overtones than many banjos. Easy to play with clarity of note separation. Great for recording.
- E,A,D,G,B,E for standard guitar tuning, can also be tuned in other tunings
- Recommended, Deering 6-String Banjo Strings
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 ¾″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 ¼″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38 ½″
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUP
Every banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the “some assembly required” hassle.
FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING
Every banjo shipped to the Continental U.S. / APO includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping.
Prior to being shipped, we carefully inspect and test every banjo. If you have any issues with your banjo, call us and and we will help.
I would recommend them to anyone and everyone
Fantastic banjos sold by fantastic people. I have bought two banjos from Banjo.com and about to buy my third from them. These guys are just great people to go business with; knowledge, banjo players themselves, and just super nice. I do business with them because they are not just looking to sell my any banjo. They provide great input based upon what I want and need; not just what cost the most. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone interested in getting a banjo.
Highly recommend them to others
Barry at Banjo.com helped me make a great choice on purchasing a new banjo. He answered my emails and phone calls promptly. After a few conversations I went with his newly designed Bish Line Coal Dust. I ordered it and he kept me updated on its progress. It arrived in perfect condition and it's even nicer than he described. I will keep Banjo.com at the top of my list for any future purchases and would highly recommend them to others. Thank you again to Barry and his staff.
I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service
I recently purchased a Deering Sierra mahogany open back banjo from Banjo.com. Since I live in north Georgia, only two and one-half hours from the home of Banjo.com, I was able to visit the Banjo Barn where Barry give me the opportunity to "test drive" several banjos and he assisted me in narrowing down to my final choice. I must say, I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service I received from Barry and Banjo.com. Thank you!