About this Banjo
Just like its little cousin, the Goodtime banjo, the Deering Goodtime 2 is rich on sound and value. The Goodtime 2 comes built with a resonator that gives it that bright and big bluegrass sound. Made with care and precision, it offers quality and playability in an affordable package for players of all levels.
Like his other products, Greg Deering designed the Goodtime 2 to provide banjo students with high-quality instruments that are easy to play and fun to learn with. But don’t let its simplicity fool you: you’ll still find banjo pros playing the Deering Goodtime 2.
The Goodtime 2 weighs 6 lbs., making it light and easy to travel with. Like other banjos in its line, the Goodtime 2 banjo is made with natural blonde maple, and has a satin finish to protect it from damage.
The resonator is what makes this banjo so popular: even brand new students will sound like banjo legends thanks to its rich, golden tone. When the banjo is played, soundwaves stay trapped inside the resonator, giving it a warm and powerful echo.
The rich, golden tone and the reverberation off the resonator sound great. You can definitely tell a volume difference between open back and a Goodtime 2. The sound waves aren’t getting trapped between you and the banjo, which makes a pretty big difference.
If you’re looking for a great and affordable bluegrass banjo that will make you look and sound like a pro at any level, then the Deering Goodtime 2 is the banjo for you!
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Exotic Wood Bowtie Inlays
- Geared Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Sealed Geared Guitar Tuners
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- 3-ply Violin Grade Goodtime Maple Rim
- 11″ Frosted Top High Crown Head
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- 2 Piece Flange
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Resonator of Blonde Maple
- Black Binding
- Durable Satin Finish
- Comes with a Triangle Box for carrying
- Gig Bag or Hardshell Case Sold Separately
- Has a bright sound of maple that projects well.
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with light gauge strings
- Can be played with medium gauge strings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26.25″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Rim Diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 6 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime Banjo a six year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com