No products in the cart.
Artisan Goodtime 2
With a bluegrass resonator back for projection, the Artisan Goodtime 2 banjo has a 3-ply violin grade maple rim and produces a bright and clear tone that projects well and is louder than its open back counterpart.
Free Shipping on Orders Over $199
About this Banjo
Featuring Midnight Maple Fingerboard and Vintage Artisan inspired inlays!
With a bluegrass resonator back for projection, the Artisan Goodtime Two banjo has a 3-ply violin grade maple rim and produces a bright and clear tone that projects well and is louder than its open back counterpart. The Artisan Two is enhanced with a rich brown stain, white detailing and spikes at 7, 9, and 10. The use of spikes enables you to expand your playing from the key of G to easily play in the keys of A, B, and C.
Here is a banjo you can have right there by your easy chair or take out an play in a jam. It holds its own as a bluegrass banjo for anyone looking for a lighter weight option and has the looks to boot! It’s great for hours of practice with an accurate neck that is as comfortable as can be. You’ll appreciate how light it is when you reach over to pick it up and enjoy playing it.
Most people who get a Goodtime banjo keep it because they love it even when they step up to their beautiful Deering banjo. The Goodtime banjo still maintains a special place in their life and this is why you don’t see a lot of Goodtime banjos on the used market. It’s a banjo you can take anywhere.
The stunning new Artisan Goodtime banjos embody Greg Deering’s lifelong vision for the Deering Banjo Company – to make the best sounding, best playing, best looking, and best value U.S.A. made banjo that he possibly could. It is a never ending quest that Deering pursues every single day. So with improved tooling and a higher than normal dose of creativity, we bid farewell to our old friend the Classic Goodtime and welcome with open arms the stunning aesthetic of the new Artisan Goodtime Banjos.
- Slender Rock Maple Neck Stained A Rich Brown
- Vintage Artisan Style Inlays
- Goodtime Logo Engraved On Peghead
- Deering Peghead shape
- Planetary Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Spikes installed at 7th, 9th, & 10th frets
- 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim Stained Rich Brown
- 11″ Frosted Top Head
- Steel Tension Hoop
- A Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- 16 Flat Hooks and 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- Adjustable Goodtime Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Durable Satin Finish
- Maple Resonator Stained Rich Brown
- Black Binding
- Durable Satin Finish
- Comes with a Triangle Box/Case
- Gig Bag or Hardshell Case is priced separately
- Has a clear and bright sound of maple.
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes from the factory with light gauge strings: 10, 11, 13, 21W, 10
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″,
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 37.5″
- Weight Approx. 6.5 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime banjo a 6 year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping
Left Handed, Right Handed
Free 5th String Railroad Spike Installation, No Thanks
|FREE Starter Pack||
Free Starter Pack!, No Thanks
- All orders over $199 ship FREE (to Continental U.S.);
- All banjos are setup, inspected, and tuned by banjo experts prior to being shipped;
- We have a 60-day exchange policy for banjos and banjo parts;
- We have a 30-day refund policy. for banjos and banjo parts;
- Please see Customer Support for complete refund policy