About this Banjo
We reserve the most highly figured walnut for the neck and rare pieces of exotic burl walnut veneer for the resonator. The beautiful burl veneer on the resonator is the same veneer as used on the inside of a Rolls Royce. The inside walls of the resonator are carved for loud and clear projection of the wonderful tone.
The Ivanhoe is a beautiful gold plated & engraved slender and fast playing banjo with a quick response that is perfect for melodic playing with a sweet yet bright tone that projects well and enhances all musical styles. Versatile and comfortable, the Ivanhoe is a favorite amongst performers who like the fast Deering neck shape and smaller sound chamber.
You’ll find superb craftsmanship in every aspect of the Ivanhoe, from the triple bound peg-head to the hand-carved heel and the superbly engraved gold plated metal parts. It has an intricately pierced armrest accented with elegant floral engraving. It is a work of art that will be treasured for generations to come. With the exceptional tone, quality and feel of the neck it’s more than just a show piece, it’s a banjo player’s dream come true.
- An Elegant Neck of our Highest Grade English Walnut
- Intricate Inlays of Abalone and Mother of Pearl
- Triple Bound Peghead
- High Grade Ebony Fingerboard
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Bone Nut
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Hand Set Abalone Trim along the Ivoroid Binding
- Beautifully Hand Carved Heel
- 22 Glued In Nickel Silver Frets
- Deering Planetary Tuners
- Mother of Pearl Tuning Buttons
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- Deering -06- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Premium Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
- Brass Notched Engraved Tension Hoop
- 11″ Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Bridge
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼″ Hex Nuts
- Zinc Flange Engraved and Gold Plated
- Premium Hand Engraving
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- Highly Detailed Pierced & Engraved Work on the Engraved Armrest
- 24 Karat Gold Plating on All Hardware
- Rare & Exotic Burl Walnut
- Hand Set Abalone Shell with Ivoroid Trim
- Polished High Gloss Finish
- The Resonator Sides Are Specially Tapered on the Inside For Projection of Tone
- With the exceptionally brilliant tone, quality and playability it’s more than just a show piece, it’s a banjo player’s dream come true.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 11 lbs
- Includes a Deering Hardshell
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
We offer free shipping on orders over $199 that are shipped to an address in the Continental United States. Competitive worldwide rates.
We have the lowest online prices for new banjos - guaranteed. If you find a lower advertised online price, we will match it or beat it.
We are banjo experts and more importantly banjo players too! We are ready to answer your pre-purchase questions and support you beyond your purchase.
Extras when you buy from Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUP
Every banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the "some assembly required" hassle.
FREE STARTER PACK
Start pickin' the day your banjo arrives. We include: strap, tuner, and picks.
FREE BANJO LESSONS
Start improving your playing immediately. Get 7 weeks of online video banjo lessons delivered right to your email inbox. Taught by a master banjo instructor.
Not sure where to begin? We covered the basics in this short guide to buying your first banjo. Still not sure? Send us a note or give us a call and we'll help you make the best decision.
I would recommend them to anyone and everyone
Fantastic banjos sold by fantastic people. I have bought two banjos from Banjo.com and about to buy my third from them. These guys are just great people to go business with; knowledge, banjo players themselves, and just super nice. I do business with them because they are not just looking to sell my any banjo. They provide great input based upon what I want and need; not just what cost the most. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone interested in getting a banjo.
Highly recommend them to others
Barry at Banjo.com helped me make a great choice on purchasing a new banjo. He answered my emails and phone calls promptly. After a few conversations I went with his newly designed Bish Line Coal Dust. I ordered it and he kept me updated on its progress. It arrived in perfect condition and it's even nicer than he described. I will keep Banjo.com at the top of my list for any future purchases and would highly recommend them to others. Thank you again to Barry and his staff.
I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service
I recently purchased a Deering Sierra mahogany open back banjo from Banjo.com. Since I live in north Georgia, only two and one-half hours from the home of Banjo.com, I was able to visit the Banjo Barn where Barry give me the opportunity to "test drive" several banjos and he assisted me in narrowing down to my final choice. I must say, I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service I received from Barry and Banjo.com. Thank you!
Have a question about an instrument?
We offer financing through Affirm and PayPal with rates as low as 0%. Terms and conditions are determined by the financing institution, not Banjo.com.
Major Credit & Debit Cards
We accept all major credit and debit cards. We never store your payment information, all transactions are securely processed.
Use available funds funds in your PayPal account or choose to use PayPal financing. The web's most trusted payment option.
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.