No products in the cart.
About this Banjo
We reserve the most highly figured walnut for the neck and rare pieces of exotic burl walnut veneer for the resonator. The beautiful burl veneer on the resonator is the same veneer as used on the inside of a Rolls Royce. The inside walls of the resonator are carved for loud and clear projection of the wonderful tone.
The Ivanhoe is a beautiful gold plated & engraved slender and fast playing banjo with a quick response that is perfect for melodic playing with a sweet yet bright tone that projects well and enhances all musical styles. Versatile and comfortable, the Ivanhoe is a favorite amongst performers who like the fast Deering neck shape and smaller sound chamber.
You’ll find superb craftsmanship in every aspect of the Ivanhoe, from the triple bound peg-head to the hand-carved heel and the superbly engraved gold plated metal parts. It has an intricately pierced armrest accented with elegant floral engraving. It is a work of art that will be treasured for generations to come. With the exceptional tone, quality and feel of the neck it’s more than just a show piece, it’s a banjo player’s dream come true.
- An Elegant Neck of our Highest Grade English Walnut
- Intricate Inlays of Abalone and Mother of Pearl
- Triple Bound Peghead
- High Grade Ebony Fingerboard
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Bone Nut
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Hand Set Abalone Trim along the Ivoroid Binding
- Beautifully Hand Carved Heel
- 22 Glued In Nickel Silver Frets
- Deering Planetary Tuners
- Mother of Pearl Tuning Buttons
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- Deering -06- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Premium Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
- Brass Notched Engraved Tension Hoop
- 11″ Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Bridge
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼″ Hex Nuts
- Zinc Flange Engraved and Gold Plated
- Premium Hand Engraving
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- Highly Detailed Pierced & Engraved Work on the Engraved Armrest
- 24 Karat Gold Plating on All Hardware
- Rare & Exotic Burl Walnut
- Hand Set Abalone Shell with Ivoroid Trim
- Polished High Gloss Finish
- The Resonator Sides Are Specially Tapered on the Inside For Projection of Tone
- With the exceptionally brilliant tone, quality and playability it’s more than just a show piece, it’s a banjo player’s dream come true.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 11 lbs
- Includes a Deering Hardshell
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping
Free 5th String Railroad Spike Installation, No Thanks
|FREE Starter Pack||
Bluegrass Starter Pack, No Thanks
- All orders over $199 ship FREE (to Continental U.S.);
- All banjos are setup, inspected, and tuned by banjo experts prior to being shipped;
- We have a 60-day exchange policy for banjos and banjo parts;
- We have a 30-day refund policy. for banjos and banjo parts;
- Please see Customer Support for complete refund policy