About this banjo
Every aspect of a Nechville banjo has been designed for acoustical superiority, convenience, comfort and aesthetics. You’ll benefit from the finely crafted details and artistic approach that goes into all Nechville instruments, and you’ll have plenty of reasons for pride when owning a Vintage.
The traditions of Bluegrass have long honored the “vintage” banjo designs from the 1930’s. In honor of these treasured traditions, Nechville has created the Vintage Heli-Mount that blends traditional banjo art and design with the ultimate banjo pot design. The neck starts with premium old growth Honduras Mahogany and is fashioned the old way, by hand. The fingerboard is real ebony. The inlay is a time-tested classic.
As you take the Nechville Vintage into your grasp you immediately begin sensing a uniqueness in quality. Your left hand slides smoothly and effortlessly over the fancy mahogany and ebony neck. You feel the comfort and sleekness of the polished frets, and you realize that the silky smooth and durable finish on your Vintage is just the beginning of the magic. Nechville’s supreme quality finish WILL NOT CRACK like traditional lacquer finishes so there’s no need to worry when you bring your banjo in from the cold.
There is a remarkable ease in the playability of the carefully crafted neck on the Nechville Vintage. The 7 to 12″ compound radius of the fret board provides the comfort and quality that offers you noting accuracy and clarity of tone. This dynamic shape gives you the slimmest feel with maximum structural integrity for strength of tone. Not only is it easier to form chords and other left hand positions, but you also get clean distinctive and full bodied musical notes. You’ll clearly hear the difference when you notice the absence of buzzing or other sonic interference that is so often present in other traditional banjos. The Vintage’s slightly wider profile gives you plenty of room for chokes and slides. Extra wide frets form a secure foundation for the strings’ anchor point on the fret board while giving you longer-lasting frets. These features of the Vintage’s neck translate to incredible musical power from every note.
In Nechville’s quest for uncommonly great sound and function, we have incorporated the time-tested combination of a bell bronze, pre-war style tone ring with a three-ply hard rock maple steam bent rim. Nechville coaxes every bit of tone from its own proprietary ring by machining the rim to acoustically superior dimensions and capping it with a stainless steel mounting ring. Unique “Cyclotronic tone spheres,” roll on top of this ring, beneath the tone ring, allowing easy, quick head adjustment and mounting the tone ring without the dampening effect inherent in other designs, allowing for unrestricted resonance and beauty of tone.
- Mahogany Neck and Resonator
- High Quality Durable Glossy Finish
- Durable Eclipse Heli-Mount Frame
- Slightly Wider, Comfortable Neck Profile
- Premium Black Binding with Black/White Stripe
- Artistic Vintage inlay
- Premium Vintage Style Tuning Pegs
- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Nechville’s Exclusive Cyclotronic Rolling Rim Pot System
- 3 Ply Maple Rim
- Nechville In-Line 3 Way Adjustable Tailpiece
- Select Ebony Fingerboard with Compound 7-12″ Radius Shape
- Premium Hard Shell Case, with Adjustment Tools and Manual
Heli-Mount Features Include:
- Patented Heli-Mount Frame
- Adjustable Radiused Neck Attachment
- Stainless Steel Two Way Truss Rod
- Extra Wide, Long Lasting Frets
- Nechville’s Supreme Quality Finish
- GHS Strings: .010, .012, .014, .022, .010
- Remo Medium Crown Head
- Side Position Dots
- Nechville In-Line Tailpiece
- Nechville Enterprise Bridge
- Heli-Mount and Allen Wrenches,
- Lifetime Warranty
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com