About this banjo
As you pick up the Zeus, you’ll realize why we named this banjo after the king of gods. You’ll be thankful for its unusually light weight. As your left hand explores the gently radiused ebony fingerboard, excitement sparks as you feel the smooth neck and view the inspired peghead shape.
You strum a chord with your right hand. Your eyebrows rise as a big banjo sound leaps out of the Heli-Mount pot. You’ve discovered banjo sound to the Nth power.
The beveled wooden armrest feels smooth on your forearm and you could play for hours. The neck shape makes chording easier providing clean, distinct and full bodied musical notes. You hear a woody, penetrating clarity with none of the sonic interference that is ever present in other traditional banjos.
You’ll be inspired but not distracted by the understated beauty of the Saturn and Stars inlay. You see that the Nechville inline tailpiece is adjustable three different ways, and you remember that this is a Heli-Mount, customizable for any style or setup. You’ve heard how stable and versatile the Heli-Mount is, and now are struck by its simple elegant beauty.
The Timbr-Tronic Exotic Wood Open Architecture Tone ring and Cyclotronic tone spheres deliver incredible punch and volume from every note played on the Zeus. Wide frets form a secure foundation for the strings and are longer-lasting.
Now you don’t have to settle for less than premium quality craftsmanship and sound. This is the banjo you have been seeking.
- Straight-line Peghead Layout for Efficient Tuning
- Premium Seasoned Curly Maple Neck and Resonator
- Durable Gloss Finish
- Sturdy Black Eclipse Heli-Mount Frame
- 7-12″ Compound Radius Comfortable Neck Profile
- Black Binding
- Saturn and Stars Inlay
- Premium Right Angle High Ratio Tuning Machines
- Timbr-Tronic Exotic Wood Cap Tone Ring Plus Nechville’s Exclusive Cyclotronic Rolling Rim Pot System with Lightweight Tone Spheres
- 3 Ply Maple Rim
- Hard Shell Case or Gig Bag
- Adjustment Tools and Manual
- Renaissance Head
Heli-Mount Features Include:
- Patented Heli-Mount Frame
- Adjustable Radiused Neck Attachment
- Stainless Steel Two Way Truss Rod
- Extra Wide, Long Lasting Frets
- Nechville’s Supreme Quality Finish
- GHS Strings: .010, .012, .014, .022, .010
- Remo Medium Crown Head
- Side Position Dots
- Nechville In-Line Tailpiece
- Nechville Enterprise Bridge
- Heli-Mount and Allen Wrenches,
- Lifetime Warranty
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Banjo Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping