No products in the cart.
About this Banjo
The tubaphone tone ring creates that unique Vega tone in this professional quality maple banjo. The Vega No.2 is a banjo made of top grade curly maple stained light amber and buffed to a high gloss. The dimensions of the neck are quite similar to the early Vega banjos – full, yet fast and comfortable. We make genuine Vega Tubaphone tone rings of brass to create a beautiful quality of tone and projection. We precisely fit the tubaphone tone ring to the 3-ply violin grade maple rim, which we also fit with a brass bracket band and frosted top head to create a crisp tone for all styles of music.
Whether you play old time, bluegrass, blues, classical, or compose your own music, the Vega No.2 offers a timeless classic reborn with traditional appearance, world renowned craftsmanship, and classic tone.
- Curly Maple
- Light Amber Stain
- Mother of Pearl Vega Inlay Pattern
- 22 Nickel Silver Frets
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Ebony Fingerboard
- Ivoroid Binding
- Bone Nut
- Traditional Vega Neck Shape
- Deering Planetary Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- High Gloss Finish
- Genuine Brass Tubaphone Vega Tone Ring
- Vega precision 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Notched Brass Tension Hoop
- Brass Bracket Band with Shoes
- 24 Round Hooks with 5/16″ Hex Nuts
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- Two Coordinator Rods for Adjustments
- Deering Truetone Tailpiece
- 5/8″ Deering Maple/Ebony Bridge
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Gloss Finish
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- The Vega No. 2 has a unique voice, a warm, round, vibrant tone.
- It is balanced, full, round and yet sparkling with depth, responsiveness, and power.
- G,D,G,B,D in standard tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 27″
- Diameter 12″
- Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2″″
- Weight Approx. 8 lbs
The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a lifetime warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping
Free 5th String Railroad Spike Installation, No Thanks
|FREE Starter Pack||
Clawhammer Starter Pack, No Thanks
- All orders over $199 ship FREE (to Continental U.S.);
- All banjos are setup, inspected, and tuned by banjo experts prior to being shipped;
- We have a 60-day exchange policy for banjos and banjo parts;
- We have a 30-day refund policy. for banjos and banjo parts;
- Please see Customer Support for complete refund policy