About this banjo
As beautiful and elegant as its mythical namesake, the Athena is substantially lighter light in weight but with no loss of tone. It is sonically bold and dripping with tone.
The radiused neck is sleek and comfortable. Being slightly narrower than most of our necks, it is easy to get your hand around no matter the length of your fingers. The inspiring Heart Blossom inlay sparkles in abalone and pearl, with a story of friendship and love. The perfect finish on the walnut neck and resonator highlights work of the highest quality, and as efficiently light as it is, you’ll enjoy playing it for hours.
Upon striking your first notes, you’ll be surprised by the lively, full bodied notes that emerge. This is the sound more banjos should have – rich, saturated, powerful tone. It is as if the banjo doesn’t know its lighter than it is. But you will be happy every time you pick it up, and your back will be happy too.
The Nechville in-line tailpiece is adjustable three different ways, and remember that this is a Heli-Mount. It is quickly customizable for any style or custom setup . Now you know why Nechville Heli-mounts are described as stable and versatile yet simple and elegantly beautiful.
- Premium Seasoned Black Walnut Neck and Resonator
- Natural Clear Gloss Finish
- Durable Black Eclipse Heli-Mount Frame
- 7-12″ Compound Radius Comfortable Neck Profile
- Deluxe Black Binding with Decorative White Stripe
- Heart Blossom Inlay
- Premium Right Angle High Ratio Tuning Machines
- Timbr-Tronic Exotic Wood Cap Tone Ring Plus Nechville’s exclusive Cyclotronic Rolling Rim Pot System with Lightweight Tone Spheres
- 3 Ply Maple Rim
- Hard Shell Case, with Adjustment Tools and Manual
- Renaissance Head
Heli-Mount Features Include:
- Patented Heli-Mount Frame
- Adjustable Radiused Neck Attachment
- Stainless Steel Two Way Truss Rod
- Extra Wide, Long Lasting Frets
- Nechville’s Supreme Quality Finish
- GHS Strings: .010, .012, .014, .022, .010
- Remo Medium Crown Head
- Side Position Dots
- Nechville In-Line Tailpiece
- Nechville Enterprise Bridge
- Heli-Mount and Allen Wrenches,
- Lifetime Warranty
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Banjo Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping