About this Banjo
This began as the Top model of the Tenbrooks line before being included in the Artist Series. It is made with violin grade maple because of the musical qualities of this wood and it features a radiused ebony fretboard. Jens prefers stainless steel frets because of the durability of the stainless steel. The frets wear longer before needing to be replaced. Before switching to stainless steel frets, Jens, who plays an average of 8 hours per day, was having his banjos re-fretted every 6 months. With stainless steel frets he has played for almost 2 years before having the banjo re-fretted; getting three times the playing life out of the frets!
The radiused fingerboard fits the curve of the fingers over the playing surface making it just that much more effortless to travel the fingerboard.
The Jens Kruger model has significant resonance and clarity, elevating it to the caliber of orchestral instruments. The Jens Kruger banjo is designed to unlock the creativity for the dedicated musician.
- Dark Red Mahogany Stained Violin Grade Maple Neck
- Radiused Ebony Fingerboard
- 22 Durable Stainless Steel Frets
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Grafaloy Nut
- Slender Neck for precise playing
- Spikes installed at 7 & 9th frets
- Deering Planetary Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- High Gloss
- Deering -06- Tone Ring
- Precision machined Tenbrooks style 3-ply Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Medium Crown Frosted Top Head
- 24 Round Hooks with ¼″ Hex Nuts
- Tenbrooks Gold plated Zinc Flange
- Gold Plated Hardware
- Premium Hand Engraved Metal Parts
- Hand Engraved and Pierced Armrest
- Deering True-Tone Tailpiece
- 11/16″ Signature Maple Ebony Bridge
- A Deep resonator made of Curly Maple
- Resonator stained Dark Red Mahogany
- Ivoroid Binding
- High Gloss Finish
- This banjo represents an achievement in banjo tone, having removed all the unwanted overtones, resulting in a banjo that is orchestral grade, with enough sustain for slow songs and clarity of note separation when it is played hard and fast. It has consistent clarity and volume up and down the neck and string to string. It fully resonates deep bass notes and sweet clear highs such that no note is suppressed and music flows freely from this alive and vibrant instrument.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Includes a Deering Hardshell
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUP
Every banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the "some assembly required" hassle.
*FREE RAILROAD SPIKES
Also know as the 5th string capo, we recommend installing spikes on the 7th & 9th frets. This is a free service we include for all 5-string banjo purchases.
FREE STARTER PACK
Start pickin' the day your banjo arrives. We include: DVD, strap, tuner, and picks.
Every banjo shipped to the Continental U.S. / APO includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping.
FREE BANJO LESSONS
Start improving your playing immediately. Get 7 weeks of video banjo lessons delivered right to your email inbox. Taught by a master banjo instructor.
Prior to being shipped, we carefully inspect and test every banjo. If you have any issues with your banjo, call us and and we will help.
I would recommend them to anyone and everyone
Fantastic banjos sold by fantastic people. I have bought two banjos from Banjo.com and about to buy my third from them. These guys are just great people to go business with; knowledge, banjo players themselves, and just super nice. I do business with them because they are not just looking to sell my any banjo. They provide great input based upon what I want and need; not just what cost the most. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone interested in getting a banjo.
Highly recommend them to others
Barry at Banjo.com helped me make a great choice on purchasing a new banjo. He answered my emails and phone calls promptly. After a few conversations I went with his newly designed Bish Line Coal Dust. I ordered it and he kept me updated on its progress. It arrived in perfect condition and it's even nicer than he described. I will keep Banjo.com at the top of my list for any future purchases and would highly recommend them to others. Thank you again to Barry and his staff.
I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service
I recently purchased a Deering Sierra mahogany open back banjo from Banjo.com. Since I live in north Georgia, only two and one-half hours from the home of Banjo.com, I was able to visit the Banjo Barn where Barry give me the opportunity to "test drive" several banjos and he assisted me in narrowing down to my final choice. I must say, I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service I received from Barry and Banjo.com. Thank you!