About this Banjo
Made of mahogany, the Legacy delivers a sweet, warm sound with an uninhibited musicality that effortlessly reaches the audience with a pure and balanced tone, amazingly pleasing to the ear and heralding a whole new musical realm for the world of banjo.The Legacy has a classical Art Deco feel to the inlay pattern, another Greg Deering original design.
The Legacy is a wonderful professional level banjo that is a racehorse for the performing musician and dedicated banjo enthusiast, an effortless and instantly versatile tool for boundless musical creativity. The comfortable neck is made for precise playing, and it features glued in frets for easy re-fretting for the artist who plays a lot.
The Legacy provides a limitless musical playing field, alive with clear and balanced tone from bass to treble on each and every fret. It’s a pure pleasure to play.
- Natural Mahogany
- Tenbrooks D Shaped Neck
- High Gloss Finish
- 22 Nickel Silver Frets
- Ebony Fingerboard
- Bound with Ivoroid
- Bone Nut
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Spikes are Installed at 7 & 9th frets
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- Super Smooth Deering Planetary Tuners
- Deering -06- Tone Ring
- Precision Machined Tenbrooks Style 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Medium Collar Frosted Top Head
- 24 Round Hooks with ¼″ Hex Nuts
- Nickel plated Zinc Flange
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering 11/16″ Maple Ebony Bridge
- Deering Tailpiece
- Deep Resonator Made of Mahogany
- Tapered Internal Resonator Walls For Excellent Projection
- Natural Mahogany
- Highly Polished Finish
- The vibrant and sweet, fully resonant tone with deep full bass and clear crisp highs. The banjo rings true throughout the whole range of the instrument with the sweet, warm tone of mahogany that carries loud and clear to the audience.
- The ebony fingerboard and the nickel silver frets are polished to a high lustre to eliminate fret noise and provide a luxurious playing experience.
- G,D,G,B,D in standard tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUP
Every banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the "some assembly required" hassle.
*FREE RAILROAD SPIKES
Also know as the 5th string capo, we recommend installing spikes on the 7th & 9th frets. This is a free service we include for all 5-string banjo purchases.
FREE STARTER PACK
Start pickin' the day your banjo arrives. We include: DVD, strap, tuner, and picks.
FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING
Every banjo shipped to the Continental U.S. / APO includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping.
FREE BANJO LESSONS
Start improving your playing immediately. Get 7 weeks of video banjo lessons delivered right to your email inbox. Taught by a master banjo instructor.
Prior to being shipped, we carefully inspect and test every banjo. If you have any issues with your banjo, call us and and we will help.
*We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
I would recommend them to anyone and everyone
Fantastic banjos sold by fantastic people. I have bought two banjos from Banjo.com and about to buy my third from them. These guys are just great people to go business with; knowledge, banjo players themselves, and just super nice. I do business with them because they are not just looking to sell my any banjo. They provide great input based upon what I want and need; not just what cost the most. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone interested in getting a banjo.
Highly recommend them to others
Barry at Banjo.com helped me make a great choice on purchasing a new banjo. He answered my emails and phone calls promptly. After a few conversations I went with his newly designed Bish Line Coal Dust. I ordered it and he kept me updated on its progress. It arrived in perfect condition and it's even nicer than he described. I will keep Banjo.com at the top of my list for any future purchases and would highly recommend them to others. Thank you again to Barry and his staff.
I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service
I recently purchased a Deering Sierra mahogany open back banjo from Banjo.com. Since I live in north Georgia, only two and one-half hours from the home of Banjo.com, I was able to visit the Banjo Barn where Barry give me the opportunity to "test drive" several banjos and he assisted me in narrowing down to my final choice. I must say, I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service I received from Barry and Banjo.com. Thank you!