About this banjo
“I knew I wanted a radiused fingerboard. Having tried Noam Pikelny’s banjo with 24 frets (an extra two frets coming out over the fingerboard), I requested the same. I had always desired a resonator made of quilted maple… and with the addition of gold plating, a beautifully engraved black nickel stretcher band, Pāua Shell abalone binding on the neck and resonator, spectacular art nouveau inlays made of DichroLam… my dream banjo has now became a reality.” – Tony Trischka
- Ivoroid Binding with Pua Shell Purfling
- Tony Trischka Designed DiChrome Inlays
- Radiused Grade A Ebony Fingerboard
- Extended Fingerboard
- Deering D Shape Neck
- Kruger Peghead Shape
- 24 Glued In Nickel Silver Frets
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Bone Nut
- Spikes installed at 7 & 9th Frets
- Gold Plated Deering Planetary Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- High Gloss Finish
- Deering -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Tenbrooks Style 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Black Nickel Plated & Hand Engraved Notched Tension Hoop
- 11” Frosted Top Banjo Head
- 24 Round Hooks with .” Hex Nuts
- Curved Round Hooks On Either Side Of the Neck
- 24K Gold Plated Hardware
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- 11/16” Radiused Deering Maple Ebony Bridge
- Honey Stained Quilted Maple Resonator
- Resonator Sides Are Specially Tapered On the Inside For Projection of Tone
- High Gloss Finish
- Resonator Back Is Accented With Ivoroid Trim
- Neck Width At the Nut 1 1/4”
- Scale Length Nut To Bridge 26 1/4”
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8”
- Overall Instrument Length 38”
- Weight Approx. 11.8 lbs.
- Includes Deering hardshell case.
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUP
Every banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the "some assembly required" hassle.
*FREE RAILROAD SPIKES
Also know as the 5th string capo, we recommend installing spikes on the 7th & 9th frets. This is a free service we include for all 5-string banjo purchases.
FREE STARTER PACK
Start pickin' the day your banjo arrives. We include: DVD, strap, tuner, and picks.
FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING
Every banjo shipped to the Continental U.S. / APO includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping.
FREE BANJO LESSONS
Start improving your playing immediately. Get 7 weeks of video banjo lessons delivered right to your email inbox. Taught by a master banjo instructor.
Prior to being shipped, we carefully inspect and test every banjo. If you have any issues with your banjo, call us and and we will help.
*We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
I would recommend them to anyone and everyone
Fantastic banjos sold by fantastic people. I have bought two banjos from Banjo.com and about to buy my third from them. These guys are just great people to go business with; knowledge, banjo players themselves, and just super nice. I do business with them because they are not just looking to sell my any banjo. They provide great input based upon what I want and need; not just what cost the most. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone interested in getting a banjo.
Highly recommend them to others
Barry at Banjo.com helped me make a great choice on purchasing a new banjo. He answered my emails and phone calls promptly. After a few conversations I went with his newly designed Bish Line Coal Dust. I ordered it and he kept me updated on its progress. It arrived in perfect condition and it's even nicer than he described. I will keep Banjo.com at the top of my list for any future purchases and would highly recommend them to others. Thank you again to Barry and his staff.
I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service
I recently purchased a Deering Sierra mahogany open back banjo from Banjo.com. Since I live in north Georgia, only two and one-half hours from the home of Banjo.com, I was able to visit the Banjo Barn where Barry give me the opportunity to "test drive" several banjos and he assisted me in narrowing down to my final choice. I must say, I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service I received from Barry and Banjo.com. Thank you!