About this Banjo
Perfect for guitar players, this banjo is tuned like a guitar (E,A,D,G,B,E) the D-6 is a professional banjo that is heavier than the B-6 with the full rim and tone ring design of a bluegrass banjo. It has more volume and sustain than the B-6. It will fill the room with great music with a light touch of your fingers or flat pick!
You can relax using light touch and get a much more vibrant and responsive tone playing the D-6 with considerably less effort than you use in playing a guitar. Guitar players have nothing more to learn, just play your favorite songs because it’s a guitar that sounds like a banjo. The sweet sounding 6-String Deluxe is one of the best banjo values available anywhere. Built with Deering’s genuine -06- bell bronze tone ring, three ply violin grade maple rim, and one piece, cast, zinc resonator flange, this Deluxe is as easy to play as it is beautiful.
The mother of pearl inlay in the peghead, is the very first Deering logo designed by Greg Deering for his first banjo in 1969. The multicolor binding and high gloss finish enhance the gold and perloid inlays on the exotic, natural ebony fingerboard. “The inspiration for the inlay artwork comes from the early Boston banjo masters. And if you look at the peghead of the Deluxe, it has some of the same elements as the Sierra, but it is much more expanded and it comes alive with the turn of the century Boston masters element – and that was just the design that flowed out onto the page. It’s a lot of fun to have that kind of artwork on a banjo that people can afford. The first professional banjo we made was the Deluxe so it always has a very dear spot to us because it was the first professional banjo we made way back in ’79.” Greg Deering
One of Deering’s oldest and most popular models, this banjo brings the power, easy playability and maintenance together in a beautiful, historically important banjo that is just as much at home on the front porch as it is on the road. It truly is a Deluxe banjo.
- Walnut Neck
- The Original Deering Banner & Engraved Inlays of White and Gold Italian Perloid
- Slender fast & comfortable Deering Neck Shape
- Radiused Fingerboard
- 22 Pressed In Nickel-Silver Frets
- Guitar tuners
- High Gloss Finish
- Genuine Deering -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Volin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks with ¼″ Hex Nuts
- Nickel Plated Zinc Flange
- One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- 5/8″ Deering Compensated 6-sting Maple/Ebony Bridge
- Deering 6-String Tailpiece
- Trimmed in white/black/white
- Straight Sidewalls
- High Gloss Finish
- Priced with a Deering Hardshell Case
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation
- Tuned: E,A,D,G,B,E in standard tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 3/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38 1/2″
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUP
Every banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the “some assembly required” hassle.
FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING
Every banjo shipped to the Continental U.S. / APO includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping.
Prior to being shipped, we carefully inspect and test every banjo. If you have any issues with your banjo, call us and and we will help.