About this banjo
Every aspect of a Nechville banjo has been designed for acoustical superiority, convenience, comfort and aesthetics. You’ll benefit from the finely crafted details and artistic approach that goes into all Nechville instruments, and you’ll have plenty of reasons for pride when owning a Diamond Joe.
The Diamond Joe is the signature model of renowned banjo player Sonny Smith, who oversaw and participated in the design of this very special model. The tunneled fifth string neck is inlaid with Nechville’s new Diamond Blossom inlay. Both the neck and resonator are bound with a Diamond pattern, which accents the honey amber finish.
The Diamond Joe is a blend of unique style and powerful sound. With the combination of Nechville’s 20 Hole Pro tone ring and the Cyclotronic tone spheres, it delivers a sound that is strong, rich and full.
- AAA Premium Tiger Stripe Maple Neck and Resonator
- Unique In-line Style Ebony Capped Peghead
- Select Ebony Fingerboard with Compound 7-12″ Radius Shape
- Tunneled Fifth String with Rolling Fifth String Nut
- Diamond Blossom Inlay on Neck and Peghead
- Slightly Wider, Comfortable Neck Profile
- Durable Glossy Finish
- Premium Right Angle High Ratio Tuning Machines
- Premium Diamond Binding on Neck and Resonator
- Durable Black Eclipse Heli-Mount Frame
- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Nechville’s Exclusive Cyclotronic Rolling Rim Pot System.
- 3 Ply Maple Rim
- Premium Hard Shell Case, with Adjustment Tools and Manual
- Lifetime warranty on all Nechville Acoustics
Heli-Mount Features Include:
- Patented Heli-Mount Frame
- Adjustable Radiused Neck Attachment
- Stainless Steel Two Way Truss Rod
- Extra Wide, Long Lasting Frets
- Nechville’s Supreme Quality Finish
- GHS Strings: .010, .012, .014, .022, .010
- Remo Medium Crown Head
- Side Position Dots
- Nechville In-Line Tailpiece
- Nechville Enterprise Bridge
- Heli-Mount and Allen Wrenches,
- Lifetime Warranty
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUP
Every banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the "some assembly required" hassle.
*FREE RAILROAD SPIKES
Also know as the 5th string capo, we recommend installing spikes on the 7th & 9th frets. This is a free service we include for all 5-string banjo purchases.
FREE STARTER PACK
Start pickin' the day your banjo arrives. We include: DVD, strap, tuner, and picks.
FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING
Every banjo shipped to the Continental U.S. / APO includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping.
FREE BANJO LESSONS
Start improving your playing immediately. Get 7 weeks of video banjo lessons delivered right to your email inbox. Taught by a master banjo instructor.
Prior to being shipped, we carefully inspect and test every banjo. If you have any issues with your banjo, call us and and we will help.
*We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.