About this Banjo
With repeated requests from its customers to create a 6-string Goodtime banjo. Deering focused on giving the customers what they wanted with the new Goodtime Solana 6. The new Goodtime Solana 6 is a new kind of 6-string banjo designed to bring out the creativity in the player and features all of the American craftsmanship and quality that owners of Goodtime banjos have come to expect.
The Solana 6 stands out from the pack thanks to is its nylon strings which offers the player a sweet, mellow tone akin to a classical guitar, but with the bright undertones of a banjo.
The versatility of the Solana 6 is rounded off with a piezo pickup that sits directly under the patented East Indian Rosewood bridge plate, formerly seen only on Deering’s Phoenix 6-string banjo. The bridge plate is placed underneath the hand crafted Deering bridge and is designed to even out the effects of the string vibration resulting in an increased sustain, decrease in boominess, and less feedback allowing the player more freedom in a live performing situation when partnered with the piezo pickup. The sound of the Solana 6 is further enhanced by the new larger Grand 12” rim which creates ample breathing room for the natural low end of the Solana 6, making a bold statement right out of the box.
The rim of the Solana 6 is constructed of the same 3-ply violin grade maple that is at the heart of the entire Deering banjo line up. The rock maple neck features East Indian Rosewood ring style inlays, a classical guitar inspired peghead, and smooth, accurate classical guitar tuners with pearloid buttons. The beautiful blonde maple of the Solana 6 is further complemented by a dark East Indian Rosewood tailpiece which bears the Deering name.
- 6 Nylon Strings
- Classical Guitar Style Peghead & Tuners
- Blonde Rock Maple Neck
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Rosewood and Maple Ring Inlays
- Durable Satin Finish
- Tuned Like a Guitar
- Grand 12″ 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Tone Enhancing Patented Bridge Plate
- Piezo Pickup
- Top Frosted High Crown Head
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- East Indian Rosewood Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
Triangle Box for Carrying
- Gig Bag or Hardshell Case Sold Separately
- Has a bright sound of maple that projects well.
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- E, A, D, G, B, E In Standard Guitar Tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with nylon strings
- Neck Width at the Nut 2″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26.25″
- Rim Diameter 12″
- Overall Instrument Length 39″
- Weight Approx. 5 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime Banjo a six year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUP
Every banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the “some assembly required” hassle.
FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING
Every banjo shipped to the Continental U.S. / APO includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping.
Prior to being shipped, we carefully inspect and test every banjo. If you have any issues with your banjo, call us and and we will help.