About this Banjo
The Goodtime Banjo Beginner Package includes a Goodtime banjo, a Deering gig bag, banjo strap, picks, tuner, and the Deering Two-Finger DVD. This package includes everything needed to successfully get started playing the banjo! Including the perfect light weight (4 lb) Goodtime banjo that you can take with you when you travel.
The Goodtime banjo is recommended by banjo teachers the world over because it plays right and sounds great
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Hardwood Bow Tie Inlays
- Sealed Geared Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- Blonde 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top High Crown Head
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Gig bag
- Banjo Strap
- Beginner DVD
- 2 Finger Picks
- Electronic Tuner
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation and round full bodied tone.
- g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Rim diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2″
- Weight Approx.4.5 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime Banjo a 6 year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUP
Every banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the "some assembly required" hassle.
*FREE RAILROAD SPIKES
Also know as the 5th string capo, we recommend installing spikes on the 7th & 9th frets. This is a free service we include for all 5-string banjo purchases.
FREE STARTER PACK
Start pickin' the day your banjo arrives. We include: DVD, strap, tuner, and picks.
FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING
Every banjo shipped to the Continental U.S. / APO includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping.
FREE BANJO LESSONS
Start improving your playing immediately. Get 7 weeks of video banjo lessons delivered right to your email inbox. Taught by a master banjo instructor.
Prior to being shipped, we carefully inspect and test every banjo. If you have any issues with your banjo, call us and and we will help.
*We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.