About this Banjo
Capture the sound of the “Duke of Drive”, Terry Baucom! Designed with Terry’s hard driving bluegrass style in mind, this incredible American Walnut banjo features a light weight bell bronze 20 hole Deering tone ring. Terry also chose the traditional Deering neck shape for optimum comfort and for the fast and accurate fretting demanded by his hard-driving playing style.
Set up includes an 11/16″ bridge with slightly wider string spacing and a head tuned to A. This magical banjo is loud and resonant, perfect for hard driving bluegrass music and any other style you wish to play on it!
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Bone Nut
- Slightly Wider String Spacing
- Natural Ebony Fingerboard
- 22 Glued In Nickel-Silver Frets
- Mother of Pearl Mustache inlays
- Ivoroid Bound Fingerboard with Black/ White Trim
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Deering Smooth Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th StringTuner
- High Gloss Finish
- Deering Light Weight – 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Deering Premium Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Head, Medium Crown
- 24 Round Hooks with ¼″ Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Resonator Flange
- 11/16″ Deering Signature Maple/Ebony Bridge
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- Ivoroid Binding with Black/White Trim
- Deep Resonator for more Resonance
- Tapered on the Inside for Projection of Tone
- High Gloss Finish
- The balance betweeen the weight of the Terry Baucom tone ring and the rim’s musical response produces a more resonant sound chamber. From bass notes to highs, every note is clear and balanced in volume up the entire neck. The response of this magical banjo is loud and resonant, perfect for hard driving bluegrass music.
- g,D,G,B,D in standard tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 11 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping