About this Banjo
Crisp Maple with a brilliant full bodied tone, deep bass, brilliant highs, The Saratoga Star is one of the most elegantly beautiful modern banjos to enter the musical arena of classic instruments. Greg Deering personally designed the inlays with an Art Nouveau style in mind. Reminiscent of the Victorian Era, this high grade maple banjo stands out as a top of the line professional instrument, at home on the concert stages throughout the world. Played by Ned Luberecki.
From Bluegrass to Country, Rock to Classical, this is one of the ultimate banjos made today. Crafted with the precision of every Tenbrooks banjo out of highly figured violin grade maple for the ultimate tonal power and sparkle. It is so alive with sound that you can feel the vibrations through the back of the banjo as you play. The sound carries clearly greater distances than other banjos. This banjo is for the dedicated musician who appreciates versatility in communicating with the audience through music.
- Curly Maple Neck stained a Rich Dark Red Mahogany
- 22 Glued in Nickel Silver Frets
- Ebony Fingerboard
- Ivoroid Binding
- Bone Nut
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Spikes are installed at 7 & 9th frets
- Deering Planetary Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- Deering -06- Tone Ring
- Tenbrooks style 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top, Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks with ¼″ Hex Nuts
- Nickel plated Zinc Flange
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering 11/16″ Maple Ebony Bridge
- Deep resonator made of Curly Maple
- Resonator Sides are Specially Tapered on the Inside for Projection of Tone
- Stained a Deep Red Brown
- Highly Polished Finish
- The Saratoga Star resounds with a brilliant full bodied tone with deep bass and brilliant highs. It has a pleasing clarity and balance on every string up and down the entire fingerboard. The full Tenbrooks banjo design, materials and dimensions create this maple banjo that brings out all the best tone from the wood and precisely created metal parts so that this instrument rings true with a sweet clarity and uninhibited musicality.
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 11 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUP
Every banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the "some assembly required" hassle.
*FREE RAILROAD SPIKES
Also know as the 5th string capo, we recommend installing spikes on the 7th & 9th frets. This is a free service we include for all 5-string banjo purchases.
FREE STARTER PACK
Start pickin' the day your banjo arrives. We include: DVD, strap, tuner, and picks.
FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING
Every banjo shipped to the Continental U.S. / APO includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping.
FREE BANJO LESSONS
Start improving your playing immediately. Get 7 weeks of video banjo lessons delivered right to your email inbox. Taught by a master banjo instructor.
Prior to being shipped, we carefully inspect and test every banjo. If you have any issues with your banjo, call us and and we will help.
*We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
I would recommend them to anyone and everyone
Fantastic banjos sold by fantastic people. I have bought two banjos from Banjo.com and about to buy my third from them. These guys are just great people to go business with; knowledge, banjo players themselves, and just super nice. I do business with them because they are not just looking to sell my any banjo. They provide great input based upon what I want and need; not just what cost the most. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone interested in getting a banjo.
Highly recommend them to others
Barry at Banjo.com helped me make a great choice on purchasing a new banjo. He answered my emails and phone calls promptly. After a few conversations I went with his newly designed Bish Line Coal Dust. I ordered it and he kept me updated on its progress. It arrived in perfect condition and it's even nicer than he described. I will keep Banjo.com at the top of my list for any future purchases and would highly recommend them to others. Thank you again to Barry and his staff.
I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service
I recently purchased a Deering Sierra mahogany open back banjo from Banjo.com. Since I live in north Georgia, only two and one-half hours from the home of Banjo.com, I was able to visit the Banjo Barn where Barry give me the opportunity to "test drive" several banjos and he assisted me in narrowing down to my final choice. I must say, I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service I received from Barry and Banjo.com. Thank you!