About this Banjo
This began as the Top model of the Tenbrooks line before being included in the Artist Series. It is made with violin grade maple because of the musical qualities of this wood and it features a radiused ebony fretboard. Jens prefers stainless steel frets because of the durability of the stainless steel. The frets wear longer before needing to be replaced. Before switching to stainless steel frets, Jens, who plays an average of 8 hours per day, was having his banjos re-fretted every 6 months. With stainless steel frets he has played for almost 2 years before having the banjo re-fretted; getting three times the playing life out of the frets!
The radiused fingerboard fits the curve of the fingers over the playing surface making it just that much more effortless to travel the fingerboard.
The Jens Kruger model has significant resonance and clarity, elevating it to the caliber of orchestral instruments. The Jens Kruger banjo is designed to unlock the creativity for the dedicated musician.
- Dark Red Mahogany Stained Violin Grade Maple Neck
- Radiused Ebony Fingerboard
- 22 Durable Stainless Steel Frets
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Grafaloy Nut
- Slender Neck for precise playing
- Spikes installed at 7 & 9th frets
- Deering Planetary Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- High Gloss
- Kruger Tone Ring
- Precision machined Tenbrooks style 3-ply Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Medium Crown Frosted Top Head
- 24 Round Hooks with ¼″ Hex Nuts
- Tenbrooks Gold plated Zinc Flange
- Gold Plated Hardware
- Premium Hand Engraved Metal Parts
- Hand Engraved and Pierced Armrest
- Deering True-Tone Tailpiece
- 11/16″ Signature Maple Ebony Bridge
- A Deep resonator made of Curly Maple
- Resonator stained Dark Red Mahogany
- Ivoroid Binding
- High Gloss Finish
- This banjo represents an achievement in banjo tone, having removed all the unwanted overtones, resulting in a banjo that is orchestral grade, with enough sustain for slow songs and clarity of note separation when it is played hard and fast. It has consistent clarity and volume up and down the neck and string to string. It fully resonates deep bass notes and sweet clear highs such that no note is suppressed and music flows freely from this alive and vibrant instrument.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Includes a Deering Hardshell
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping