No products in the cart.
Deering Golden Wreath
The Golden Wreath is a traditional design of the classic banjos made in the 1930’s. A mahogany prewar style bluegrass banjo with that J.D. Crowe sound, the Golden Wreath is a banjo made of higher quality materials and workmanship.
Free Shipping on Orders Over $199
About this Banjo
A mahogany prewar style bluegrass banjo with that J.D. Crowe sound, the Golden Wreath is a banjo made of higher quality materials and workmanship. The Deering -06- Bronze Tone Ring is unplated to enhance the resonance and create a mahogany bluegrass banjo with all the power and punch needed for stage performance.
The Golden Wreath is a traditional design of the classic banjos made in the 1930’s. The Golden Wreath features a fuller mahogany neck and a deeper resonator with high gloss finish, a nickel plated bell bronze Deering-06- 20-hole tone ring, the hard, dense, colorful, exotic, and, naturally beautiful ebony fingerboard and peghead.
- Traditional fuller Neck Shape
- Ebony fingerboard
- Bone Nut
- Deering Planetary banjo tuners
- Deering Gearted 5th String Tuner
- Ivoroid Binding with Black/White Trim
- Wreath Inlay Pattern in Mother of Pearl
- Traditional Fifth String Nut
- 22 Glued in Nickel Silver Frets
- Deering -06- 20-Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Violin Grade Maple 3-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Deering Notched Brass Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- Nickel Plated Traditional Style Zinc Flange
- Deering Truetone Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deep resonator of Mahogany
- Ivoroid Binding with Black/White Trim
- Two Concentric Black/White Rings Adorn the Back of the Resonator
- Resonator Sides are Specially Tapered
- High Gloss Finish
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- The Golden Series Banjos have a larger air chamber than the other Deering models which gives the banjos a more resonant hollow sound with deeper bass response for a traditional bluegrass sound.
- g,D,G,B,D in standard tuning,
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Instrument Weight 11lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping
Left Handed, Right Handed
Free 5th String Railroad Spike Installation, No Thanks
|FREE Starter Pack||
Bluegrass Starter Pack, No Thanks
- All orders over $199 ship FREE (to Continental U.S.);
- All banjos are setup, inspected, and tuned by banjo experts prior to being shipped;
- We have a 60-day exchange policy for banjos and banjo parts;
- We have a 30-day refund policy. for banjos and banjo parts;
- Please see Customer Support for complete refund policy