About this Banjo
A mahogany prewar style bluegrass banjo with that J.D. Crowe sound, the Golden Wreath is a banjo made of higher quality materials and workmanship. The Deering -06- Bronze Tone Ring is unplated to enhance the resonance and create a mahogany bluegrass banjo with all the power and punch needed for stage performance.
The Golden Wreath is a traditional design of the classic banjos made in the 1930’s. The Golden Wreath features a fuller mahogany neck and a deeper resonator with high gloss finish, a nickel plated bell bronze Deering-06- 20-hole tone ring, the hard, dense, colorful, exotic, and, naturally beautiful ebony fingerboard and peghead.
- Traditional fuller Neck Shape
- Ebony fingerboard
- Bone Nut
- Deering Planetary banjo tuners
- Deering Gearted 5th String Tuner
- Ivoroid Binding with Black/White Trim
- Wreath Inlay Pattern in Mother of Pearl
- Traditional Fifth String Nut
- 22 Glued in Nickel Silver Frets
- Deering -06- 20-Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Violin Grade Maple 3-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Deering Notched Brass Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- Nickel Plated Traditional Style Zinc Flange
- Deering Truetone Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deep resonator of Mahogany
- Ivoroid Binding with Black/White Trim
- Two Concentric Black/White Rings Adorn the Back of the Resonator
- Resonator Sides are Specially Tapered
- High Gloss Finish
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- The Golden Series Banjos have a larger air chamber than the other Deering models which gives the banjos a more resonant hollow sound with deeper bass response for a traditional bluegrass sound.
- g,D,G,B,D in standard tuning,
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Instrument Weight 11lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
We offer free shipping on orders over $199 that are shipped to an address in the Continental United States. Competitive worldwide rates.
We have the lowest online prices for new banjos - guaranteed. If you find a lower advertised online price, we will match it or beat it.
We are banjo experts and more importantly banjo players too! We are ready to answer your pre-purchase questions and support you beyond your purchase.
Extras when you buy from Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUP
Every banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the "some assembly required" hassle.
FREE STARTER PACK
Start pickin' the day your banjo arrives. We include: strap, tuner, and picks.
FREE BANJO LESSONS
Start improving your playing immediately. Get 7 weeks of online video banjo lessons delivered right to your email inbox. Taught by a master banjo instructor.
Not sure where to begin? We covered the basics in this short guide to buying your first banjo. Still not sure? Send us a note or give us a call and we'll help you make the best decision.
I would recommend them to anyone and everyone
Fantastic banjos sold by fantastic people. I have bought two banjos from Banjo.com and about to buy my third from them. These guys are just great people to go business with; knowledge, banjo players themselves, and just super nice. I do business with them because they are not just looking to sell my any banjo. They provide great input based upon what I want and need; not just what cost the most. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone interested in getting a banjo.
Highly recommend them to others
Barry at Banjo.com helped me make a great choice on purchasing a new banjo. He answered my emails and phone calls promptly. After a few conversations I went with his newly designed Bish Line Coal Dust. I ordered it and he kept me updated on its progress. It arrived in perfect condition and it's even nicer than he described. I will keep Banjo.com at the top of my list for any future purchases and would highly recommend them to others. Thank you again to Barry and his staff.
I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service
I recently purchased a Deering Sierra mahogany open back banjo from Banjo.com. Since I live in north Georgia, only two and one-half hours from the home of Banjo.com, I was able to visit the Banjo Barn where Barry give me the opportunity to "test drive" several banjos and he assisted me in narrowing down to my final choice. I must say, I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service I received from Barry and Banjo.com. Thank you!
Have a question about an instrument?
We offer financing through Affirm and PayPal with rates as low as 0%. Terms and conditions are determined by the financing institution, not Banjo.com.
Major Credit & Debit Cards
We accept all major credit and debit cards. We never store your payment information, all transactions are securely processed.
Use available funds funds in your PayPal account or choose to use PayPal financing. The web's most trusted payment option.
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.