No products in the cart.
About this Banjo
Top of the line, prewar style with 24 Karat Gold Deering inlay in the peghead, the Golden Classic is the ultimate compliment to traditional players who prefer the feel of older necks and the great bluegrass sound of Flatt & Scruggs.
Applying Greg Deering’s wealth of knowledge of how to create the finest banjos and combining that with traditional parts and dimensions he has elevated the craft to produce that original bluegrass sound.
- Fancy Curly Maple with Cremona Sunburst Stain
- White Bound Peghead
- 24k Gold “Deering” Inlay
- Ebony fingerboard
- Hearts & Flowers Mother of Pearl Inlays
- Bone Nut
- Traditional 5th-String Nut
- Traditional Fuller Neck Shape
- White Binding with Black/White Trim Along the Fingerboard
- Gold Plated Super-Smooth Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Specially machined 3-ply Maple Rim to traditional dimensions
- A genuine Deering -06- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 24 Round Hooks with ¼″ Hex Nuts
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- A Traditional Zinc Flange
- All Hardware has 24 Karat Gold Plating
- Special Parts feature Vintage Engraving and Frosted Accents
- Curly Maple with Cremona Sunburst Stained
- Deeper Resonator Sound Chamber
- The Resonator Sides are Specially Tapered on the Inside for Projection of Tone
- White Binding with Black/White Trim
- High Gloss Finish
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- The Golden Series banjos have a larger air chamber than the other Deering models which gives the banjos a more resonant hollow sound with deeper bass response for a traditional bluegrass sound. With longer sustain than mahogany, maple provides a beautiful bass response and great highs.
- The banjo plays string to string and up the neck at a consistent clarity and volume.
- G,D,G,B,D in standard tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Instrument Weight 11 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping
Free 5th String Railroad Spike Installation, No Thanks
|FREE Starter Pack||
Bluegrass Starter Pack, No Thanks
- All orders over $199 ship FREE (to Continental U.S.);
- All banjos are setup, inspected, and tuned by banjo experts prior to being shipped;
- We have a 60-day exchange policy for banjos and banjo parts;
- We have a 30-day refund policy. for banjos and banjo parts;
- Please see Customer Support for complete refund policy