No products in the cart.
Deering Deluxe 5-String
One of Deering’s oldest and most popular models, this banjo brings the power, easy playability and maintenance together in a beautiful, historically important banjo that is just as much at home on the front porch as it is on the road.
Free Shipping on Orders Over $199
About this Banjo
Now featuring a walnut neck, the Deering Deluxe truly stands out as a banjo with it’s own tone. The walnut neck gives the banjo a perfect balance of brightness and warmth. When paired with our -06- bell bronze tone ring, the Deluxe comes alive and gives you a banjo that will stand out from the pack.
Built with Deering’s genuine bell bronze tone ring, three ply violin grade maple rim and one piece, cast, zinc resonator flange, this Deluxe is as easy to play as it is beautiful.
The mother of pearl inlay in the peghead, is the very first Deering logo designed by Greg Deering for his first banjo in 1969. The multicolor binding and high gloss finish enhance the gold and perloid inlays on the exotic, natural ebony fingerboard. “The inspiration for the inlay artwork comes from the early Boston banjo masters. And if you look at the peghead of the Deluxe, it has some of the same elements as the Sierra, but it is much more expanded and it comes alive with the turn of the century Boston masters element – and that was just the design that flowed out onto the page. It’s a lot of fun to have that kind of artwork on a banjo that people can afford. The first professional banjo we made was the Deluxe so it always has a very dear spot to us because it was the first professional banjo we made way back in ’79.” Greg Deering
One of Deering’s oldest and most popular models, this banjo brings the power, easy playability and maintenance together in a beautiful, historically important banjo that is just as much at home on the front porch as it is on the road. It truly is a Deluxe banjo.
- Walnut Neck – NEW
- Original Deering Engraved Inlays of White and Gold Italian Pearloid
- Slender Fast & Comfortable Neck Shape
- 22 Pressed in Nickel-Silver Frets
- Ebony Fingerboard with Original Deering Engraved Inlays of White and Gold Italian Pearloid
- Deering Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- Dual Action Truss Rod
- High Gloss Finish
- Deering 20 hole -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- 3-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks with ¼″ Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- Truetone Deering Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Gloss Finish
- Walnut – NEW
- Trimmed in White/Black/White
- Straight Side Walls
- Gloss Finish
- Priced with a Deering Hardshell Case
- With the new walnut neck, the Deluxe features some of the characteristics found in both maple (brightness) and mahogany (warmth). Easy to play with clarity and good note separation.
- G,D,G,B,D in standard tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well
- 22 Frets
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping
Left Handed, Right Handed
Free 5th String Railroad Spike Installation, No Thanks
|FREE Starter Pack||
Bluegrass Starter Pack, No Thanks
- All orders over $199 ship FREE (to Continental U.S.);
- All banjos are setup, inspected, and tuned by banjo experts prior to being shipped;
- We have a 60-day exchange policy for banjos and banjo parts;
- We have a 30-day refund policy. for banjos and banjo parts;
- Please see Customer Support for complete refund policy