No products in the cart.
Deering Clawgrass 2
This is the exact same banjo as the Deering Clawgrass banjo but is made with less expensive aesthetic materials (no gold plating and engraving, etc.). The tone and playability is exactly the same. Mark Johnson currently uses this banjo as his banjo when he travels.
Free Shipping on Orders Over $199
About this Banjo
The Clawgrass™ No. 2 model is created when Mark Johnson approached Deering with one vision in mind – to offer the same solid foundation, quality, tone and playability of his original, but at a more affordable price point.
The new Deering Clawgrass No. 2 banjo has the same dynamic tone as the original Clawgrass. Using the same peghead and fingerboard inlay designs, rendered in man made materials, Deering has made this lovely banjo much more affordable for the average player.
The much sought after Clawgrass neck width (1.37″) is still present on the Clawgrass No. 2, which also features standard nickel plating unlike its hand engraved, 24K gold plated sibling. The banjo gets its finishing touches from simpler yet equally as elegant binding on the neck, peghead, and rim.
Beauty and elegance doesn’t always have to carry the price tag.
- An Elegant Neck Of Our Highest Grade English Walnut
- White Bound Peghead Featuring Pearloid “Clawgrass” Inlay
- High Grade Ebony Fingerboard With Intricate Pearloid Inlays
- Clawgrass Neck Shape
- Bone Nut
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Ivoroid Binding
- 22 Glued In Nickel Silver Frets
- Deering Planetary Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- 5th String Spikes At Frets 7, 9, and 10
- Deering -06- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Nickel Plated Tone Ring
- Premium Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
- Rim Bound with Ivoroid
- 11″ Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
- 5/8″ Deering Bridge
- 24 Round Hooks and 5/16″ Hex Nuts
- With the exceptionally brilliant tone, quality and playability it’s more than just a show piece, it’s a banjo player’s dream come true.
- Neck Width At the Nut 1 1/3″
- Scale Length Nut To Bridge 26 1/4″
- Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2″
- Weight Approx. 9 lbs
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping
Free 5th String Railroad Spike Installation, No Thanks
|FREE Starter Pack||
Clawhammer Starter Pack, No Thanks
- All orders over $199 ship FREE (to Continental U.S.);
- All banjos are setup, inspected, and tuned by banjo experts prior to being shipped;
- We have a 60-day exchange policy for banjos and banjo parts;
- We have a 30-day refund policy. for banjos and banjo parts;
- Please see Customer Support for complete refund policy