About this Banjo
With a Bluegrass resonator back for projection, The Classic Goodtime 2 banjo has a 3-ply violin grade maple rim and produces a bright and clear tone that projects well and is louder than an open back banjo. The Classic 2 is enhanced with a Rich Brown stain, white detailing and spikes at 7, 9, and 10. The use of spikes enables you to expand your playing from the key of G to easily play in the keys of A, B and C
Here is a banjo you can have right there by your easy chair and play between commercials or take out an play in a jam. It’s a good bluegrass banjo, lighter weight and easy to carry. It’s great for hours of practice with an accurate neck that is as comfortable as can be. You’ll appreciate how light it is when you reach over to pick it up and enjoy playing it.
Most people who get a Goodtime banjo keep it because they love it even when they step up to their beautiful Deering banjo. The Goodtime banjo still maintains a special place in their life and this is why you don’t see a lot of Goodtime banjos on the used market. It’s a banjo you can take anywhere.
- Slender Rock Maple Neck Stained a Rich Brown
- White Dot Inlays
- Deering shape Peghead
- Planetary Tuners
- Geared 5th String Peg
- Durable Satin Finish
- Spikes installed at 7th, 9th, & 10th frets
- 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- 11″ Frosted Top High Crown Head
- Steel Tension Hoop
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- 16 Flat Hooks and 9/32” Hex Nuts
- Patented Adjustable Goodtime Tailpiece
- 2 Piece Flange
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Rich Brown Maple
- Black Binding
- Durable Satin Finish
- Has a clear and bright sound of maple that projects very well.
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes from the factory with light gauge strings
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 ¼”
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 ¼”
- Resonator diameter 13 ⅞”
- Overall Instrument Length 38”
- Weight Approx. 6 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime Banjo a six year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping