About this Banjo
For Traditional Jazz, or for guitar players, the Boston Plectrum is an easy instrument to play with a lighter weight than the higher end banjos, it’s durable and has a good tone. The term Plectrum refers to the fact that it is usually played with a flat pick. It can be tuned for Jazz C,G,B,D or like the last 4 strings of a guitar D,G,B,E. The 22 fret Plectrum banjo is generally used as the melodic banjo in dixieland jazz music while the 19 fret Tenor banjo is strummed for rhythm. The innovative steel rim construction of the drum provides a clear, crisp banjo tone that rings like a bell, records well and plays easily.it rings like a bell. There are higher-end banjos out there that do have better, warmer sound, but they you won’t get one for the cost of a Boston.
- 22 Pressed In Nickel-Silver Frets
- Slender, Fast and Comfortable Deering Neck Shape
- Guitar Style Tuners
- (Planetary Tuners available as an option)
- Nickel Plated and Durable 3/16″ Steel Rim That Rings Like a Tone Ring
- Butterfly 24-Piece Flange
- 24 Fat Hooks with 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering Truetone Tailpiece
- White Binding
- Durable Satin Finish
- Has a clean and bright tone, easily heard in a band
- It can be tuned for Jazz C,G,B,D or like the last 4 strings of a guitar D,G,B,E
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- 22 Frets
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 3/16″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 27″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 9.6lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUPEvery banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the “some assembly required” hassle.
FREE SHIPPINGEvery banjo shipped to the Continental U.S. / APO includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping.
FREE SUPPORTPrior to being shipped, we carefully inspect and test every banjo. If you have any issues with your banjo, call us and and we will help.
I would recommend them to anyone and everyone
Fantastic banjos sold by fantastic people. I have bought two banjos from Banjo.com and about to buy my third from them. These guys are just great people to go business with; knowledge, banjo players themselves, and just super nice. I do business with them because they are not just looking to sell my any banjo. They provide great input based upon what I want and need; not just what cost the most. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone interested in getting a banjo.
Highly recommend them to others
Barry at Banjo.com helped me make a great choice on purchasing a new banjo. He answered my emails and phone calls promptly. After a few conversations I went with his newly designed Bish Line Coal Dust. I ordered it and he kept me updated on its progress. It arrived in perfect condition and it's even nicer than he described. I will keep Banjo.com at the top of my list for any future purchases and would highly recommend them to others. Thank you again to Barry and his staff.
I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service
I recently purchased a Deering Sierra mahogany open back banjo from Banjo.com. Since I live in north Georgia, only two and one-half hours from the home of Banjo.com, I was able to visit the Banjo Barn where Barry give me the opportunity to "test drive" several banjos and he assisted me in narrowing down to my final choice. I must say, I couldn't be more pleased with this lovely instrument and the customer service I received from Barry and Banjo.com. Thank you!