About this Banjo
For Traditional Jazz, or for guitar players, the Boston Plectrum is an easy instrument to play with a lighter weight than the higher end banjos, it’s durable and has a good tone. The term Plectrum refers to the fact that it is usually played with a flat pick. It can be tuned for Jazz C,G,B,D or like the last 4 strings of a guitar D,G,B,E. The 22 fret Plectrum banjo is generally used as the melodic banjo in dixieland jazz music while the 19 fret Tenor banjo is strummed for rhythm. The innovative steel rim construction of the drum provides a clear, crisp banjo tone that rings like a bell, records well and plays easily.it rings like a bell. There are higher-end banjos out there that do have better, warmer sound, but they you won’t get one for the cost of a Boston.
- 22 Pressed In Nickel-Silver Frets
- Slender, Fast and Comfortable Deering Neck Shape
- Guitar Style Tuners
- (Planetary Tuners available as an option)
- Nickel Plated and Durable 3/16″ Steel Rim That Rings Like a Tone Ring
- Butterfly 24-Piece Flange
- 24 Fat Hooks with 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering Truetone Tailpiece
- White Binding
- Durable Satin Finish
- Has a clean and bright tone, easily heard in a band
- It can be tuned for Jazz C,G,B,D or like the last 4 strings of a guitar D,G,B,E
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- 22 Frets
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 3/16″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 27″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 9.6lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUP
Every banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the “some assembly required” hassle.
FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING
Every banjo shipped to the Continental U.S. / APO includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping.
Prior to being shipped, we carefully inspect and test every banjo. If you have any issues with your banjo, call us and and we will help.