About this Banjo
Tuned in an E Chord, The Boston Long Neck is easier to sing with for deep voices. Made popular by Pete Seeger and the Kingston Trio the Long Neck banjo has a greater range for all styles of music. The Boston Long Neck is a very stable, good sounding banjo that travels well and isn’t as heavy as other more expensive models. The innovative steel rim construction of the drum provides a clear, crisp banjo tone that rings like a bell, records well and plays easily. There are higher-end banjos out there that do have better, warmer sound, but they you won’t get one for the cost of a Boston.
- Mahogany Neck
- 25 Nickel-Silver Frets
- Slender, Fast and Comfortable Deering Neck Shape
- Guitar Style Tuners, (Planetary Tuners available as an option)
- Nickel plated and durable 3/16″ Steel Rim that rings like a Tone Ring
- 24 Round Hooks with 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering Truetone Tailpiece
- Satin Finish
- Has a clean and bright tone, easily heard in a band.
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- 25 Fret Boston Long Neck Banjo
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 ¼″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 32 7/64″
- Overall Instrument Length 43 1/2″
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com