No products in the cart.
Deering Black Diamond
The Black Diamond banjo evolved from requests for a fancier banjo than the Deluxe but with the same sweet tone of a mahogany banjo. Made in USA.For the modern banjoist, the Black Diamond breaks with tradition both in the distinctive appearance and in the unique tonal quality. The black mylar head creates a phenomenal sounding modern banjo!
Free Shipping on Orders Over $199
About this banjo
For the modern banjoist, the Black Diamond breaks with tradition both in the distinctive appearance and in the unique tonal quality. The black mylar head creates a distinctive sounding modern banjo! The dark red mahogany contrasts against the black trim. It is also one of the loudest banjos, that really barks when you want it to.
The Black Diamond has been called elegant, progressive, modern, gorgeous, and sweet. Actually, they are all true. It has a slender mahogany neck that is shaped for easy, comfortable fingering, ideal for large and small hands. If you look closely at the naturally beautiful ebony fingerboard you will see the custom touch of our master luthier’s hands in the engraved mother of pearl diamond inlays. The ebony peghead overlay also has a mother of pearl Deering banner and an elegant mother of pearl diamond cluster. Look along the side of the neck and the sides of the resonator and you’ll see the delicate stripes of blond maple that artfully contrast to the black binding on the resonator and the dark edge of the ebony fingerboard. The black shiny head and these beautiful features give the Black Diamond a unique tone and progressive look that is both beautiful and irresistible.
The genuine Deering -06-bell bronze tone ring,violin grade three ply maple rim, and one piece cast zinc flange is the same that is used on all of our upper line banjos like the Calico, G.D.L., Ivanhoe etc.The beautiful highs and powerful well rounded bass is the result of the -06- tone ring. Its an excellent performing banjo and a hot looking banjo as well.
- Mahogany – Now Available in Maple
- Ebony Fingerboard
- Original Deering Engraved Inlays of White and Gold Italian Pearloid
- Slender Fast & Comfortable Neck Shape • 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Deering Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- High Gloss Finish
- Deering 20 Hole -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
- Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼″ Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- True Tone Deering Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Satin Finish
- Trimmed in White/Black/White
- Straight Sidewalls
- High Gloss Finish
With the standard Mahogany, the Black Diamond has a sweet singing professional quality tone. Easy to play with clarity and good note separation. With optional Maple, at no extra cost, the Black Diamond has a brighter and crisper professional quality.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 11 lbs.
Available Left Handed, Tenor, Plectrum, Openback or Archtop
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- Lifetime Warranty
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping
Left Handed, Right Handed
Free 5th String Railroad Spike Installation, No Thanks
|FREE Starter Pack||
Free Starter Pack!, No Thanks
- All orders over $199 ship FREE (to Continental U.S.);
- All banjos are setup, inspected, and tuned by banjo experts prior to being shipped;
- We have a 60-day exchange policy for banjos and banjo parts;
- We have a 30-day refund policy. for banjos and banjo parts;
- Please see Customer Support for complete refund policy