About this Banjo
Light weight and tuned like a guitar, for blues, rock, jazz, or any style you want to play, the Vega 6-string is a great sounding light weight openback banjo. It that plays beautifully and gives a rich warm banjo sound reminiscent of the 6-string banjos of the early 1900’s but with a much better intonation and improved tone. It has clear and elegant banjo tone with bass notes that are full and round. It’s a pure delight for the guitarist as an easy instrument that is similar in weight to a guitar, fingered the same as a guitar and is compatible as a second instrument for those special songs that come alive with the smile and sparkle of a banjo tone.
This open back Vega Senator 6-string banjo has the ease of playability that all Deering banjos are noted for, and the light weight desired by many banjo players without sacrificing sound quality and sustain.
- Slender Guitar Shaped Neck
- Radiused Ebony Fingerboard and Nut
- Guitar Style Tuners
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
- Open Back
- Warm Brown Stained
- Spun Brass Tone Ring
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- Shoe & Screw Bracket Assembly
- 24 Flat Hooks and 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- 11″ Medium Collar Fiberskyn Head
- Deering Custom Made 6-String Tailpiece
- Deering Compensated Maple/Ebony Bridge
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Durable Satin Finish
Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
Provides brightness, sparkle, sustain and ease in playing; bright yet warm tone with great bass notes from the wound guitar strings. A soothing tone that is a joy to listen to and play.
- E,A,D,G,B,E in standard guitar tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 3/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2″
- Weight Approx. 6 lbs
The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com