About this banjo
We probably wouldn’t recommend this banjo for the player who has just taken up the banjo – but for those players who want an authentic old time banjo sound and understand the idea of a fretless instrument, this one is for you.
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- Scooped Neck
- 5th String Nut
- Hardwood Bow Tie Inlays
- Sealed Geared Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- Blonde 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top High Crown Head
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
- Triangle Goodtime Box for Carrying
- Gig bag or Hardshell Case sold separately
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation and round full bodied tone.
- g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Rim diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2″
- Weight Approx.4 lbs
- 6 year warranty
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping