About this Banjo
Gold Tone Music Group has joined with Nechville Musical Products for an unprecedented project. Designed by banjoist and music industry veteran Marc Horowitz (who was determined to come up with a dependable, stable and great-sounding instrument), the Gold Tone/Nechville OT-MH Old Time banjo mates Gold Tone’s carbon fiber composite neck with the Nechville twelve-inch Atlas pot to create a festival-ready openback banjo that provides superior tone and stability in any climate. It comes to you set up to Marc’s exacting specifications, but the marriage of the bell-like sound of the all-wood pot with the ultra-stable and consistent carbon-composite neck allows for a broad range of sound options for the banjo tinkerer. Many different voices can be achieved by altering the setup with your own choice of head type, head tension, bridge, string gauges etc. In the hands of a master banjo tech, the OT-MH can truly be made to produce any sound palette you’d like. Features include a neck scoop, a tension hoop that’s relief-cut for the right hand where the neck meets the pot, block-style walnut rim with Nechville’s patented Flex-Tone neck mount (allowing instant action adjustment with the banjo tuned up to pitch!), Gotoh machine heads, Evo Gold long-wearing frets, Thin Line armrest, Sampson compensated bridge and heavily padded gig bag. This is a premium instrument for the demanding player.
- Neck: Graphite composite Old-Time w/ Scoop
- Finish: Stained Birch
- Fingerboard: Integral with Neck
- Bridge: Sampson Compensated; Birch/Ebony
- Tuners: Gotoh Planetary Gears
- Inlay: Dot & Star
- Truss Rod: Two-Way Adjustable
- Tone Ring: Cocobolo Wood
- Rim: Nechville Atlas
- Tension Hoop: Notched Brass
- Brackets: 18
- Buttons: Black
- Hardware: Nickel Plated
- Pickups: Optional
- Tailpiece: Neckville Straightpull Floating
- Armrest: Thinline Black Corian
- Head: 12″ Remo Fiberskyn
- Number of Frets: 18
- Nut Width: 1-1/4″ Graph Tech Black Tusq
- Scale Length: 25 1/2″
- Weight: 5.8 lbs.
- Tuning: GDGBD
- Strings: .095, .022w, .014, .011, .095
- Hard Case: HD15-M
- Bag: Included
- Left-Handed Available:No
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping