About this Banjo
The Gold Tone EBM-5 is a unique F-style 5-string electric banjo that looks as good as it sounds. The EBM-5, like a normal banjo, has an extremely fast response allowing hammer-ons, pull-offs, and slides to be accomplished with incredible ease. Even unplugged, this electric banjo has an excellent banjo tone due to the hollow sound chamber within the body. The two-tone tobacco sunburst is pleasantly set off by the gold hardware. It has easy to reach control knobs for quick tone and volume changes. This model features a dual pickup design with a hidden humbucking pickup under head and a single coil pickup at neck position. Other features include a mahogany “F-style” body, ebony fingerboard with snowflake inlays, an 8″ banjo head and tone ring, and a Straightline tailpiece. Whether you are new to the banjo or want to add a new sound to your existing arsenal, the EBM-5 may be just what you are looking for!
The EBM is equipped with two pickups; a humbucker under the banjo head in the bridge position, and a stacked humbucker in the neck position. There is a 3-way selector knob that allows the player to switch between the neck pickup only (position up), both the neck and bridge pickup simultaneously (center position), and the bridge pickup only (position down). The three knobs consist of a volume knob for each pickup (2) and a master tone knob (1). Blending between the two pickups utilizing both volume knobs is possible when the 3-way pickup selector is in the center position and both pickups are activated. Available as left-handed model.
- Neck: Maple
- Top: Mahogany
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Finish: Tobacco Sunburst
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Maple with Ebony Cap
- Tuners: GT Master Planets
- Inlay: Snowflake
- Truss Rod: Two-Way Adjustable
- Tone Ring: 8″ Aluminum
- Tension Hoop: Top Tension-Style
- Binding: White Celluloid
- Buttons: C-Style Perloid
- Hardware: Gold Plated
- Pickups: Humbucker & Stacked Single Coil
- Tailpiece: EB Style Straightline
- Head: 8″ Remo
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Width: 1-3/16″ Bone
- Scale Length: 26-3/8″
- Weight: 8.3 lbs.
- Tuning: GDGBD
- Strings: .011, .024w, .016, .013, .011
- Hard Case: HDE
- Left-Handed Available: Yes
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping