About this banjo
In 1980, five musicians went into the Arch Street Studio in Berkeley, CA and Bluegrass recording history was made. “The Bluegrass Album” with Tony Rice, J.D. Crowe, Bobby Hicks, Doyle Lawson and Todd Phillips redefined the direction of the music for the next generation.
The banjo pictured on the cover and recorded on the Bluegrass Album was a prewar RB-3 that has been with Saga for more than 30 years. For the past five years, we have charted a course which has finally resulted in the recreation of that legendary banjo… an instrument that produced some of the finest examples of banjo tone that have ever been recorded.
Don’t miss your chance to be a part of the continuing tradition.
- Traditional V-shaped neck with single truss rod
- Deep arch, tapered wall resonator
- Period-correct twin purfling rings
- Deluxe Gold Star 4:1 Pancake Planets for precise easy tuning
- Bound Santos rosewood fingerboard
- No-hole, cast, machined flathead tone ring
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com