About this Banjo
Now featuring a radiused fingerboard! A radiused fingerboard is an arched fingerboard which you will find on most electric and modern acoustic guitars. This arch fits the fold of your hand better and makes it easier for both your left and right hand to play the banjo.
Curly maple wood, -06- tone ring, and flower inlays are the other key elements of the Deering Maple Blossom banjo. Maple Blossom is made from eastern violin grade curly maple, stained with a dark walnut stain, and adorned with flower mother of pearl inlays. When this individually selected wood is built into a banjo with the genuine Deering -06-bronze tone ring, 3-ply violin grade maple rim, and one piece zinc flange, the result is a banjo that is so bright, crisp and clear that every note pops out of this banjo with precision and power.
The Deering -06- tone ring produces a beautiful, balanced overtone spectrum. Its weight is ideal for most styles played on the banjo. A softer touch will provide you with as much sustain as you ever want, a sharper attack will produce a distinct pop and accurate note separation. You will notice no dead spots over the entire fingerboard. The beautiful highs and powerful well rounded bass is the result of intense study of alloys and shapes which resulted in the new -06- tone ring you hear in the great tone of the Maple Blossom banjo today.
- Dark Walnut Stained Eastern Curly Maple
- Radiused Ebony Fingerboard
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Mother of Pearl Flower Inlays
- Pressed in Nickel Silver Frets
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Deering Planetary Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- High Gloss Finish
- Deering -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks with ¼″ Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
- 5/8″ Deering Maple/Ebony Bridge
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- Dark Walnut Stained Curly Maple
- Trimmed in White/Black/White
- High Gloss Finish
- Straight Sidewalls
- Has the brightness of Maple with good projection and clarity.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Bracket Nut Size for Tightening the Head ¼″
- Truss Rod Wrench Size ¼″ Deep Socket Wrench
- Weight Approx. 11 lbs
- Includes Deering hardshell case
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com