About this Banjo
A black & white stand alone banjo with a modern look, the Midnight Special is the pinnacle of the Goodtime line. Updated for 2016, the Midnight Special now features the same Midnight Maple fingerboard, inlay pattern and engraved peg head that was introduced on the Artisan banjos. It also features our new patent pending Goodtime Tone Ring mounted on a violin grade maple 3-ply rim for a sound that rivals instruments several times the price. This modern black and white banjo has a look that is striking and classic at the same time. It’s a modern banjo players banjo with great performance at an affordable price and of course it goes without saying…it is American Made!
- Slender Rock Maple Neck stained Black
- Midnight Maple Fingerboard
- Vintage Artisan Style Inlays
- Goodtime Logo Engraved On Peghead
- Deering Peg Head shape
- Planetary Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Spikes installed at 7th, 9th, & 10th frets
- 3 ply Violin Grade Maple Rim Stained Black
- NEW Patent Pending Nickel Plated Steel Goodtime Tone Ring
- 11″ Frosted Top High Crown Head
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- 2 Piece Flange
- 16 Flat Hooks
- 16 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- Patented Adjustable Goodtime Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Maple Resonator stained Black accented with White Binding
- Durable Satin Finish
- Has a clear and bright sound of maple that projects very well.Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 8 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime Banjo a 6 year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUP
Every banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the "some assembly required" hassle.
*FREE RAILROAD SPIKES
Also know as the 5th string capo, we recommend installing spikes on the 7th & 9th frets. This is a free service we include for all 5-string banjo purchases.
FREE STARTER PACK
Start pickin' the day your banjo arrives. We include: DVD, strap, tuner, and picks.
FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING
Every banjo shipped to the Continental U.S. / APO includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping.
FREE BANJO LESSONS
Start improving your playing immediately. Get 7 weeks of video banjo lessons delivered right to your email inbox. Taught by a master banjo instructor.
Prior to being shipped, we carefully inspect and test every banjo. If you have any issues with your banjo, call us and and we will help.
*We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.