About this Banjo
The Deering Goodtime Americana is the first 5-string banjo from Deering to be fitted with their new Grand 12″ rim, giving this banjo a stronger bass response and warmer tone. The fullness and warmth of the larger rim is further enhanced by the addition of a 12″ Renaissance banjo head which beautifully complements the instrument both visually and sonically.
This Isn’t Your Grandpa’s 5-String Banjo.
Built with Deering’s new Grand 12” rim, the Americana series boasts a stronger, bassy sound, with a much warmer tone than other banjos of its kind. The 12″ Renaissance head enhances its warm tone, and even makes it look good, too!
More Rim Means More Tone
The Goodtime Americana’s Grand 12” rim makes it bigger than other Goodtime models. This gives it more bass response and a bigger sound, making it a musical force to reckoned with.
The Americana’s renaissance head also gives it its warm tone, and complements the 12″ rim on the Goodtime Americana in both big sound and good looks.
A Banjo that Leaves its Mark
To top off this big package, the Goodtime Americana features a beautifully engraved peghead, featuring the Americana’s name, Goodtime’s logo, and a unique scrollwork design.
Bigger Sound, Bigger Value
Continuing Greg Deering’s wishes of making great banjos available for all, the Americana is the most affordable 12” model on the market today. Like other Goodtime banjos, the Americana is made for beginners to pick up and learn with ease.
Like other banjos it’s built for simplicity and easy playing, without sacrificing looks. Banjo students will be pleased with the Americana’s signature blonde finish, sturdy neck, and shiny but durable hardware.
The Goodtime Americana can be played in many ways, but it really shines when played in a rhythm role. This comes from its larger rim and warmer tone, making it great for beginners to learn about the many ways a banjo is played.
- NEW GRAND 12″ RIMFULL, FAT TONE: The new wider Grand 12″ rim found on the Goodtime Americana emphasizes the bass response and gives the banjo an unmistakable tone.
- RENAISANCE HEAD – WARM TONE: The renaissance head complements the Grand 12″ rim on the Goodtime Americana to further enhance this banjo’s sweet, warm tone.
- ENGRAVED PEGHEAD AMERICANA: Beautiful engraved peghead featuring the Americana name, Goodtime logo, and scrollwork design. Collections: 5 String Banjos, Banjos, Featured Banjos, Goodtime Banjos, In Stock, Openback 5-String Banjos Type: 5 String Banjos
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: Blonde 3-ply Violin-Grade Maple Rim, 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge, Blonde 3-ply Violin-Grade Maple Rim, Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- OTHER FEATURES: 12-inch Remo Renaissance Medium Crown Head, 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments, 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Nuts, 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well. Geared 5th String Tuner, Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2″, Hardwood Bow Tie Inlays.
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com