About this Banjo
Uniquely Deering, The Boston banjo breaks with tradition and provides a professional quality sound at a lower price point by creating the drum from 3/16″ rolled steel which rings like a tone ring and upgrading the accuracy of tuning with guitar style tuners with a higher gear ratio. The uniquely Deering inlay pattern gives you visual beauty enhancing the great performance.
- Mahogany – Now Available in Maple
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Seed and Vine Maple & Pearloid Inlays
- Guitar style tuners (Planetary Tuners available as an option)
- Satin Finish
- Nickel Plated and Durable 3/16″ Steel Rim
- True Tone Deering Tailpiece
- 11″ Banjo Head
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- 24 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Butterfly 24-Piece Flange
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Trimmed in White
- Straight Sidewalls
- Satin Finish
- Has the sweet sound of mahogany with less sustain than a maple or walnut banjo.
- Crisp highs and good bass response with less overtones than many banjos.
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation. Great for recording.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″,
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 9.6 lbs
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- Lifetime Warranty
Bonuses When You Buy From Banjo.com
FREE PROFESSIONAL SETUP
Every banjo is carefully setup before shipping saving you from the "some assembly required" hassle.
*FREE RAILROAD SPIKES
Also know as the 5th string capo, we recommend installing spikes on the 7th & 9th frets. This is a free service we include for all 5-string banjo purchases.
FREE STARTER PACK
Start pickin' the day your banjo arrives. We include: DVD, strap, tuner, and picks.
FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING
Every banjo shipped to the Continental U.S. / APO includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping.
FREE BANJO LESSONS
Start improving your playing immediately. Get 7 weeks of video banjo lessons delivered right to your email inbox. Taught by a master banjo instructor.
Prior to being shipped, we carefully inspect and test every banjo. If you have any issues with your banjo, call us and and we will help.
*We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.