No products in the cart.
About this Banjo
A great recording tenor banjo with resonator for sound projection, the Boston 17-fret tenor works for Irish, traditional jazz, or any style you like to play. Tuned in fifths, C,G,D,A it is easily fingered by mandolin or violin players because the chord fingering is the same. This lighter weight Irish banjo is easy to play and incredibly durable for years of enjoyment! The innovative steel rim construction of the drum provides a clear, crisp banjo tone that rings like a bell, records well and plays easily. There are higher-end banjos out there that do have better, warmer sound, but they you won’t get one for the cost of a Boston.
- 17 Nickel-Silver Pressed In Frets
- Slender, Fast and Comfortable Deering Neck Shape
- Pearl Dot & Leaf Inlays
- Guitar Style Tuners,
- (Planetary Tuners available as an option)
- Nickel Plated and Durable 3/16″ Steel Rim That Rings Like a Tone Ring
- Frosted Bottom 11″ High Crown Head
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- Butterfly 24-Piece Flange
- 24 flat hooks with 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- White Binding
- Durable Satin Finish
- Has a clean and bright tone, easily heard in a band.
- Tuned: C,G,D,A for Dixieland or Traditional Jazz
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- 19 Fret Tenor Boston Banjo:
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/8″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 21″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 35″
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
- All orders over $199 ship FREE (to Continental U.S.);
- All banjos are setup, inspected, and tuned by banjo experts prior to being shipped;
- We have a 60-day exchange policy for banjos and banjo parts;
- We have a 30-day refund policy. for banjos and banjo parts;
- Please see Customer Support for complete refund policy