About this Banjo
The stunning new Artisan Goodtime banjo embodies Greg Deering’s lifelong vision for the Deering Banjo Company – to make the best sounding, best playing, best looking, and best value U.S.A. made banjo that he possibly could. It is a never ending quest that Deering pursues every single day. So with improved tooling and a higher than normal dose of creativity, we bid farewell to our old friend the Classic Goodtime and welcome with open arms the stunning aesthetic of the new Artisan Goodtime Banjos.
The familiar rich dark brown stain, planetary tuning pegs and the addition of 5th string spikes at frets 7, 9, 10 for alternate tunings allows this lightweight maple banjo to exceed the features customers wanted and needed. The violin-grade maple rim is made of the same wood used on the professional level Deering models and gives the Goodtime banjo a rich, full, round note distinction.
Lightweight enough to travel with, convenient enough to keep by your easy chair at home, the Goodtime Artisan is great for hours of practice with a neck that is both comfortable to play and accurate to fret. This Goodtime banjo is not only beautiful to look at but will bring you hours of musical enjoyment.
- Slender Rock Maple Neck Stained A Rich Brown
- Vintage Artisan Style Inlays
- Goodtime Logo Engraved On Peghead
- Deering Peghead shape
- Planetary Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Spikes installed at 7th, 9th, & 10th frets
- 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim Stained Rich Brown
- 11″ Frosted Top Head
- Steel Tension Hoop
- A Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- 16 Flat Hooks and 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- Patented Adjustable Goodtime Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Durable Satin Finish
- Comes with a Triangle Box/Case
- Gig Bag or Hardshell Case is priced separately
- Has a clear and bright sound of maple.
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes from the factory with light gauge strings: 10, 11, 13, 21W, 10
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″,
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 37.5″
- Weight Approx. 6.5 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime banjo a 6 year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping
*GOODTIME ARTISAN OPENBACK BANJO with FREE CASE is excluded from any other special offers or discounts.