No products in the cart.
About this Banjo
The Eagle II banjo represents the latest in tone ring innovation from the collaborative efforts of Greg Deering and Jens Kruger. It features the ground breaking patented Twenty Ten Tone Ring; a Deering original crafted unlike any other traditional tone ring. Made of brass and producing a tone with a very rich mid-range and good bass and treble response, the most unique feature of the Eagle II banjo is that it is suitable to both clawhammer/frailing and bluegrass, among other styles. Rarely has there ever been a tone ring model that could claim this but customers who own the Eagle II have proclaimed its utmost versatility in this respect. Whether you are a professional or a dedicated banjo enthusiast, the Eagle II will help you soar to new heights!
Played by Winston Marshall of Mumford & Sons.
- Maple Stained a Dark Red Mahogany
- Natural Ebony Fingerboard
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Original Eagle Engraved Inlays
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Fully Adjustable Truss Rod
- Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Geared 5th String Peg
- Gloss Finish
- Deering Patent Pending Twenty-Ten Tone Ring
- Three-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- True Tone Deering Tailpiece
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼″ Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Eagle 2-Piece Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- 5/8″ Maple Bridge With Ebony Top
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Maple Stained Red Mahogany
- White Binding
- Straight Inside Resonator Sidewalls
- Gloss Finish
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- A strong mid range tone with good bass and vibrant highs, that is versatile for playing both Clawhammer and Bluegrass styles of playing.
- Tuned:g,D,G,B,D in standard tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 10 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping
Standard (Flat), Radiused
Left Handed, Right Handed
Free 5th String Railroad Spike Installation, No Thanks
|FREE Starter Pack||
Bluegrass Starter Pack, No Thanks
- All orders over $199 ship FREE (to Continental U.S.);
- All banjos are setup, inspected, and tuned by banjo experts prior to being shipped;
- We have a 60-day exchange policy for banjos and banjo parts;
- We have a 30-day refund policy. for banjos and banjo parts;
- Please see Customer Support for complete refund policy