About this banjo
Hard rock block laminated rim, fancier curly maple neck, ebony fingerboard and peg head, ivoroid binding and wood purfling on neck and rim, engraved vintage mother of pearl inlays, bracket shoe band, and Tubaphone-style tone ring.
- Eastern hard rock maple necks –figure increases in intensity with higher priced models
- Unique Wildwood block laminated rims—E. Hard rock maple
- ebony fingerboard, peg head, and heel cap
- bone nut, bone 5th string nut
- cream colored ivoroid binding and wood purfling (except on Minstrel)
- 2 way adjustable truss rod
- nickel silver frets
- 26.25” scale length
- width at nut—1 1/4” width at rim – 1 15/16”
- Gotoh geared tuning machines
- nickel plated brass hardware
- Tubaphone style tone rings (made in house)
- bracket shoe band (made in house)
- all inlays cut from premium abalone or Mother of Pearl shell
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping