No products in the cart.
Mel Bay’s Banjo Method
This book, written for those with no prior musical experience, is the definitive text for learning C-tuning concert, or classic-style 5-string banjo. Written by the late Frank Bradbury, Banjo Method provides a thorough grounding in music theory and note reading, along with a complete presentation of Mr. Bradbury’s unique 5-string concert banjo technique and outstanding solo and duet arrangements by various artists. The technique described here is radically different from that found in other books about the 5-string banjo, and no tablature is used. No plastic or metal picks are used on the right-hand fingers, nor are the fingernails used, but rather the bare fingertips. The hand positions recommended by Mr. Bradbury are not unlike those of a classical guitarist. All in all, this is an uncommon, but valid approach to solo banjo technique. Online audio of select pieces and exercises featuring Rob MacKillop now available.
Free Shipping on Orders Over $199
Skill Level:Multiple Levels
Binding:Squareback Saddle Stitched
Size:8.75 x 11.75
Publisher:Mel Bay Publications, Inc.
- All orders over $199 ship FREE (to Continental U.S.);
- All banjos are setup, inspected, and tuned by banjo experts prior to being shipped;
- We have a 60-day exchange policy for banjos and banjo parts;
- We have a 30-day refund policy. for banjos and banjo parts;
- Please see Customer Support for complete refund policy