About this Banjo
The Deering Goodtime banjo produces a vibrant ringing tone from its natural finished violin grade maple rim. Easy to play! Durable and easy to maintain! At only 4 pounds, the weight makes it ideal for both children and adults to play and to travel with conveniently. Teachers and professionals around the world recommend the Goodtime banjo for greater success in learning to play.
Easy to play and maintain, the Deering Goodtime banjo is great for beginners of all ages!
It’s light and durable, making it easy to travel and play with anytime, anywhere. Built from high-quality materials and with a rich tone, it’s easy to see why teachers and professional musicians recommend the Goodtime banjo for beginners.
Locally Made, Durable, and Affordable
The Goodtime banjo is made exclusively at the Deering factory here in the USA.
Realizing the lack of affordable banjos for beginners, Greg Deering designed the Goodtime banjo with the banjo student in mind. The Goodtime banjo balances durability, playability, and value in a portable and great-sounding package. But don’t let its status as a beginner’s banjo fool you: many professional musicians have used it in the recording studio, and even on stage!
The Goodtime banjo is light and weighs about the same as a guitar. It comes with a natural blonde maple satin finish to protect it from damage, and to give it that classic country look. If you’re looking for a great, low-priced, and durable banjo for travel with a great sound, this is for you!
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Hardwood Bow Tie Inlays
- Sealed Geared Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- Blonde 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top High Crown Head
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
- Triangle Deering Goodtime Box for Carrying
- Gig bag or Hardshell Case sold separately
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation and round full bodied tone.
- g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Rim Diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2″
- Weight Approx.4.5 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime banjo a 6 year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
*GOODTIME BANJO with FREE CASE is excluded from any other special offers or discounts.
Bonuses When You Order From Banjo.com
- 5th String Railroad Spike Capos – FREE
We can add these as a free service when you purchase a banjo from us. When you add this banjo to your cart just select that you want the capos. What is this? When you use a standard capo on your banjo fretboard, fretting strings 1 through 4, you’ll need to capo the 5th string separately. The 5th string starts at the 5th fret. If your standard capo is on the 2nd fret, you also need to capo the 5th string two frets higher, at the 7th fret. We recommend installing railroad spike capos on frets 7 and 9 (A and B). We install them on the fretboard just under the 5th string, an idea that was developed and used by Earl Scruggs himself. We use them, and so do most of the professional players we know. When you’re playing, you don’t really notice the spikes because they’re out of the way, but they’re always there when you need them. Simply slide the 5th string under the spike. When you’re done, slide it out.
- Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack – FREE
We can send along with your banjo a Bluegrass or Clawhammer Starter Pack for free. This includes a strap, DVD, and tuner and picks.
- Every Banjo Tested by a Banjo Expert Before Shipping